Metroboard charge port and charger

I can take more if you need me to

looks the same as mine. The black cable is the charge port and the others seem like power. I don’t think that one has the built in switch

2 Likes

weird power cables though

2 Likes

That’s normal, the black one that’s different is for the included charge port and the other two are power cable that I just cut off and soldered and xt90 on.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Bordboy

So get a 5.5 x 2.1mm charge port and a plug if your charger doesn’t have one and don’t forget a fuse on one side of the board-mounted jack.

For a charge indicator, I prefer leaving them off the board and using one of these things or your phone.

4 Likes

Be ultra careful if you do this. Work on only one wire at a time, and completely tape the other one with a not-electrical-tape so there aren’t any accidents. Completely finish red before you start on black et cetera

Only solder on XT90 and XT60 while male and female are plugged together, so have a few more than you need to use.

3 Likes

10-4 capt thank you @b264 @Bordboy @DEEIF
You guys make this forum amazing

3 Likes

Hello amigo,
That chrge ports you linked are rated 30v 5a, are they suitable for charging a 12s 50,4 battery?
Im strugeling here with my charger and charge ports. I ordered a charger with an xlr port and is to wide for the thicknes of my enclosure, so i have to return it…
Thank you

This is the charge port I swapped in. Rated for 10A

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C46XMPT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PGvYEbJ78AJ21

4 Likes

But still 30v

Yes those are all fine. The current rating is far more important than the voltage rating in this use case.

Get the ones @Mikenopolis showed

Put a 7.5A fuse on it

3 Likes

Thank you!

Where do you put the fuse? The change cable? Positive or negative?

1 Like

On either the positive or negative side of the charge port, inside the skate

3 Likes

OMG

another plastic charge port!!!

EDIT:
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
nicely done!!!

1 Like

I’ve been too lazy do the other board. But seeing that Dave uses them on his builds and there’s been no fire I’m not in a hurry to swap it. Just going to charge with the 2A charger for now

1 Like

as long as it’s fused… you’re safe!!

1 Like

Well fuk me sideways then

Which one of these fuse holder things should I get?

1 Like

fuse holder?

I JB Weld or silicone the fuse to the inside of the enclosure or on top of the internal loopkey jack, or somewhere and just solder to it

3 Likes