Made of JB Weld (Serious) (main structure of item made from epoxy)

Is jb weld magnetic?

I Donte know how much steel content it has?

Go do some reading if you want numbers, but’s it’s a substantial amount

Steel is ferromagnetic even as fine particulates so it will get pulled until it forms an even layer over the magnet, it will make your life hell

2 Likes

i do not personally hold an opinion on the question of whether jb weld is an appropriate two part epoxy for use in conjunction with magnets
2 Likes

No; it has steel in it and will creep over top of the magnets while curing. It’s great for everything else, except for that.

4 Likes

yeah I think this probably counts. Although literally sculpting JB Weld over a form would be the end all be all DIY esk8 feat of godhood. Mine at least has glass fiber fabric in it. Somewhere. Probably not in the best places.

6 Likes

a fuel gauge

7 Likes

Xt90 in a jb weld cocoon of awesomeness on my Frankenstein battery

3 Likes

Pro tip. Spit on your job weld and smooth it with your fingers. It turns into clay. Like a Pottery wheel. Won’t stick to fingers. Needs to be a naughty spit. Like the one you do before you,um…,. You know.

2 Likes

use blue gloves

spit as required… civilized folk use a dab of dawn…

3 Likes

The skill of mastering jb weld, Ah yes.

2 Likes

I’m out of jb weld, sorry, but it is milliput epoxy I used to harden my motors. Why do motor cables always break at the beginning of the mow?

5 Likes

10jasons

5 Likes

battery discharger

Inside it has four 10K resistors in parallel. It’s slow, but does the job. A small battery might take a week to get to storage charge, a large 100 cell battery may take many weeks.

I made another one with about fifteen 10K resistors but it instantly melted itself apart.

And this is how you use it, in practice. Don’t go too far!

11 Likes

MOARRRRR

3 Likes

Many coats that are thin is the answer :slight_smile:

I’m sure I will add more in the future :wink:

1 Like

I am proud to share that my current build has around 1.25 tubes of JB weld and 1 82.8mL tube of GE Silicone 2* in it.

1 Like

Meanwhile I’m nearly done with my second 10oz tube of silicone :joy:

Mostly in the battery compartment, I’m too scared to do the ESC compartment until I prove my setup is reliable with my new motors

1 Like

I hope that’s not all on one build, is it? :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely, nearly all of it is in the battery compartment (segmented enclosure)

1 Like