MAD Storm…The attempt to create the Most Powerful Direct Drive_LoL

Time to start moving threads here :blush:

Hi guys! It’s time to separate this project form the former one MAD Fury. MAD hubs conversion to Direct drive . THis one is going to be my second DD. This time from scratch. Simple plan. Take a big motor and make it direct drive…easy right? :laughing: I will update the thread while I am making the parts instead of showing everything at the end. The DD will be then mounted on the BullyDeck an integrated solution I am making BullyDeck_36 Inch Drop Down deck Integrated Enclosure…Designing and Gauging interest for GB :wink: to create The StormBreaker…Of course!

Designing the drive

image|690x387

Making the parts:

Universal pulley + Kegel adapter

Currently attempting the truck

11 Likes

Long story short…Few months in between and…Final result

image image

It’s finally done! Today full immersion to finish this thing. Happy…Yes. Satisfied…ibwilk tell you when it’s on a board. Are you gonna do it again… Yes but need a break :laughing:

It will now go on the StOrmBreaKer :grin:

17 Likes

i will use 40x10x5mm magnets. gonna be fun.

1 Like

nice…call me in your thread when you start making it. I freak out every time I see someone making something like that :laughing:

1 Like

i will talk next week with a prof at my uni, he will look over my design to look for any flaws mechanical wise. I went with a 16mm Axle, maybe overkill . I also found reasonable priced copper for motor windings.

1 Like

sounds good. yeh 16mm to me is really way too much. but if you can make it fir nice that’s good. In my design every 1mm matters and larger axle diameter will make everything bigger. 12mm is already think. Plus this thing weight already a lot. For sure is gonna be a solid axle.

2 Likes

yeah it is gonna be heavy. 4mm walls for the rotor. It is going to be a tank^^

1 Like

i used 3mm and it’s already 3.5kg :sweat_smile:

the things we do for torque. i just don’t care about weight that much anymore. This build will be used for my longrange board. And i will pull it behind me like a trolley.

1 Like

You, uhh, ever going to sell these bad boys?

1 Like

Are you referring to me or @Benjamin899? :thinking:

Ah, sorry. For the Mad Storms. Wow totally missed the thread on the other forum.

1 Like

It’s ok. Ah well still have to tested. For the moment I made available the MAD Fury. Lot of fun to build and ride. This thing on the other hand took my life :joy: Based on how they ride I will decide. I don’t see them for every board. Really heavy and really big motor. We will see once on the rode.

2 Likes

These things look great man. Meaning to say something for a while now, with those popocas those massive steel cans will be rock crushers. Awesome :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. The all purpose was to have a low ride so 90mm first. If thst doesn’t work then 97mm is the next step. At time I went for this drive I went 85Lv while now that I used the MAD Fury for quite a while 75Kv would have been probably better. The are already scary fast and torque for me is the main thing

I think I have seen that the Storm is coming :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Both the builds are like 80% done but no of them finished :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know that filling … (MF DD almost set, VESCs soldered, batteries selected … but now I’m so late with the custom surf style integrated deck, I change a bit of plan, just to could test it before the roadtrip :grin: so use another deck, but I have to change vesc and battery plan !!!.. haaaaaaa )

1 Like

fit everything together is really difficult if you want to make it right. Which deck are you gonna use? I was hoping to see your integrated one.

1 Like

Yes, always ask some more time ^^ that we are always running after !
The Haya, all (almost) is already made and think (but my VESC 6 doesn’t fit, as the 12s 12Ah, and got wheelbite without extender plate).

Mine will be finished in a month (I hope, I have all the print scale 1:1, just have to cut, press and shape it !) :

2 Likes