MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

They do speak english better than elofty team does. They have way more experience, which is not always is a plus, but they should be able to provide what you want. Reach out @murdomeek I gave him the contact.

4 Likes

Plop :blush:

2 Likes

I am also almost ready

1 Like

Thx again Alessio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

Perfect, even better as expected (coming from an MT9055 build, 2 yrs ago).
Just a short test, but I should be able to say more after the WE.
(Also, can’t wait to ride them with FOC and 12s!!!..)

:v: :sun_with_face: Good Ride & Good WE !

2 Likes

Nice footage :grin: Yes I definitely advice them in FOC adn 12s. Dead silent and way more power.

1 Like

From 34" to 59", now I feel good again :smile:

Plus, with the Hammock base plates, I will be able to remove some riser (like 1 or 2cm less !)

I still have to try it 12s and foc but, bldc was pretty useful on walks with all pedestrians and cyclists,
I just have to break and peoples immediately stop or turn around and pay attention :grin:
3 Likes

welcome to silver surfer!!! :grin:

You can mount a back pack at the back. Like with the elastic net for motorcycle.

1 Like

hahaha yes, also a 12/13s 20p can fit easily under it ^^

It was originally made to cruise with my love in the back, like a two place deck :blush:

1 Like

Wow awesome! But I think you made a mistake… too small!

1 Like

That would be cool to see it. Did it never work out?

If I find longer plank I will make it 69" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last summer with the Evolve-like setup it wasn’t powerful enough … (2 x 5065 140kV, VESC 4.20, 10s too)
Here I get almost the same power … So I’m not sure (you think we could ? for the motors)

but, I never said we were too big huh! :laughing:

1 Like

She like that :

I do not know I push my girfriend up hill with her being on the bicycle. Never tried to run in two on the board. Not enough space

1 Like

Too small! :slight_smile:

Btw I wish I could be your gf lol

2 Likes

She is cool! Mi girlfriend is not capable of use the board. Tried many times but the best I got is using it as a little sled :laughing:

1 Like

Amazing! Plus love the french bulldog :heart_eyes: The one on the tail is really relaxed, like I do nto give a fuck :laughing:

2 Likes

Alessio, I have been thinking about getting a bigger direct drive made for say 8" pneumatics. I pretty much have the eLofty modelled. Is it just a matter of scaling things up, selecting the right magnets, figuring out the tolerances and sending parts for CNC? What challenges do I have to look out for if I dare venture in that direction.

4 Likes

Unfortunately everything. While with belt drive you have everything pretty much made and you only need few parts to go together with DD you really need to play right with magnets, stator size, can size ecc…
Compare to belt drive higher magnets will help in reducing rolling resistance. Then ideally you want a small air gap between stator and magnets so tollerance are a big challenge. I made them by myself so at the time didn’t have crazy tool and on a manual lathe was difficult and time consuming to make it right. If you send it to a professional machine shop then they will take care of it, so make sure you have your model well done.
On the MAD storm I used 85Kv motor and the internal resistance is really low. They are intend for lowride but I have the same motor in 58kv as well. I would go toward that direction for AT. Unfortunately big wheels is not the greatest thing paired with DD. In the MAD Storm I used 6384 motors so I would aspect to be decent if I would use 58kv with 6inch wheels.

Ah and Iw ould advice to do not use the classic square block system for preventing the motor to spin on the axle. I don’t know why is so much widely used but I find really sketchy for this apply cation. All the torque relys on a small 8-10mm square surface, often made out of cast iron :man_facepalming:
Personally I run a bolt that goes thorugh the stator pipe directly inside the truck.

2 Likes

So it’s like a shoulder bolt? how is it fixed to the trucks? Threaded into the aluminum or there is an insert?

Thanks for the reply, I have a few more questions to ask. Let me frame them.

1 Like