MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

Hole in the stator pipe at the back and threaded in the central core of the truck. But my truck is custom made so is designed in that way. You could use other approaches too. I just do not like the simple little square. The motor will swiggle around until it turns into a circle.

4 Likes

I’ve been quoting some larger stator for that exactly purpose, didn’t have any luck so far price wise

1 Like

What can diameter are you considering? 80x28x0.2 doesn’t look like can dim?

No idea yet, I’m just trying to figure out how prices scales, but with 80 stator diameter the can should be between 90 and 100 mm

I need to talk with some local shops if we can make it cheaper using EDM

1 Like

That’s pretty smart.

Yeah, wire EDM for the magnet slots make sense. But still needs work on a lathe to finish it.

That could work also, but I mean for the laminations, this is how they do for prototypes, make a stack of square laminations the height of the finished stator, clamp them, and cut them all at the same time using EDM, hopefully doing this locally will save a lot on the cost, the pain will be to debur and cost each lamination by hand

I am pretty sure there are just stator making companies, that we can find. Why not get existing stator for them and design motor can around it?

2 Likes

that what I was going to suggest. Choose a big fat motor, maybe good for electric scooter and design the can only around it. Much more cost effective. Make a mould for a stator is really expensive.

4 Likes

Yeah, that quote is for a stator manufacturer, I’ve been talking to @hummieee also, nobody wants to do one of stator for a reasonable price, even if it’s using laminations format they already have in stock

I’ve found a few US based companies that make one off stators , but I didn’t have the courage to ask for a quote yet

2 Likes

Yeh I know the feeling of broken heart :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

rich_motor@163.com

If u write him he might have something but he likely wants u to get 50 or will be expensive.

But I want all his attention in the coming weeks!

3 Likes

you guys talking about fat motors for an AT direct drive? :slight_smile:
me likey!

2 Likes

Yeh I think is @mishrasubhransu 's plan

5 Likes

I have a set of these if anyone has the motors and want to try them?

sorry if this was mentioned already, but where did you get the PU sleeves for the mad hubs?
@rey8801

You can get them at Torqueboards, even though they never sold the MAD hubs (its what they call V2)

In case you meant something else just ignore me :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes same thing @murdomeek.
Although what I got where the new version so depends what clamp system you have. The older have different sleeve type.
Edit : just saw the TB pic. Yeh they look the same. Better to take from them if you are in US then.

Anyhow I have few spare left. If you are in US might be not worth it for shipping. The sleeves can go at the price I got them, 12$ each in case someone wants them.

1 Like

if you’re thinking of making a 100mm version, you might want to look at meepo’s 100mm sleeves. (with the inner metal + magnet core). Not sure if they’re interchangeable with the torqueboards ones

No completely another hub
Different poles ecc…
Anyhow I used the hub to make the direct drive, never planned to keep them as hub motors :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve got a small mountain of these too. If you offload all yours I would be happy to clear cupboard space too.

1 Like