Lycan 3GDrive - Testing

Then just ride on the motors since they are bigger ahahahha

5 Likes

is that a “yes, if i have them”…?

I’m sure someone close to you has evolve trucks they can lend you for a day or too! if not maybe we can sort it

1 Like

Ill see if anyone has them in the UK. I wont need them for long :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He would only need the hanger and they sell them dirt cheap as replacements on the site. Worth it really. Think of all the evolve boys you can annoy. There is not much I enjoy more than winding up an evolve fanboy.

6 Likes

Oh that’s where you get it

3 Likes

Im wondering if theres a way to make the casing see through? I’d want to see this beauty in action and make it standout next to regular beltdrives

I don’t see the point if I’m honest. Weaker case and no advantage when you ride

2 Likes

Has a welded motor plate and a 10mm to 8mm stepped axle. Probably wouldn’t be too hard to do a diy adaption for the motor plates. I made some 63mm plates for a guy ages ago. Easy peasy although they looked like dogshit. lol

1 Like

I know the dimensions of the welded plate. I just want to know where I stand with the axles and bearings etc.

Weaker depends on what material you’d use for the window. As for advantages, I’m not looking to get an advantage from a performance view but from an esthetic view. When my untrained eyes look at it, I just see a sealed case that could be mistaken for a belt drive. I want people to go out of their ways to figure out how it’s possible to have 3 geared drives on a board. That won’t happen if people just think I covered my belts. Long rant I’m sorry. I’m just after aesthetics that also perform

I bet you Ben has some trucks. Or Lee. I might even have an old hanger somewhere. Definitely got baseplates and middle arms. haven’t seen the hangers for a while though. I will do a search of the bombsite later

1 Like

You think you would see a lot from the gears after the grease moved all around the case?

5 Likes

Theoretically speaking you could have the case milled out of plexiglass but as @Andy87 says once that grease gets splattered all over the inside it would be moot. Also gear casings take a lot of punishment. I have ridden my AT drives once on good tarmac and they have some pretty good scoring already. These are a lot lower to the ground so I would not recommend anything less that quality aluminium.

4 Likes

I don’t even like the idea of carbon fiber for motor plates in some setups. Just because you cannot batter up carbon fiber as you can with aluminium…

5 Likes

exactly! I’m glad we’re on the same page here. you could even sell bolt on hot swap gear drive sets to evolvers and claim higher efficiency so more range. they’d believe it

@moon for real for real, im super up for this

1 Like

I can’t find a link to the hanger. I’ve checked the evolve website?

1 Like

They changed things around and its frustrating. You used to be able to buy any mechanical part separately for all their current and older boards even the gen 1 shit.

1 Like

not sure if this’ll work bc its the au site. is there an international store?

The UK store doesn’t stock any Hangers/Trucks

oh wait…

1 Like