Lycan 3GDrive - Testing

maybe shoot Em one of those “poor me” emails. I’m sure they’ve got one somewhere

edit: ignore me

there we go! yuss

I thought you called him a wuss lol

1 Like

:joy: nah when i need /want something i aint calling anyone names lmao

1 Like

It really wouldn’t be a bad idea to make the gear drives compatible with evolve @moon . have you seen what those guys pay for non metal pulleys…

7 Likes

^ this
and yeah there is a massive market for it i think

3 Likes

Show us your board please. I want to see your take on aesthetics.

3 Likes

Lol rough… But I will have to agree with moon on this one too, it would make the case weaker without much gain, as if people really look at the drive solution anyway. True DIY people that care about the drive will ask - the rest just want to know “how fast can you go? how much did that thing cost?” “I thought those weren’t legal :expressionless:

In reality it would be neat but in this case, function over form is probably best. Considering the material options for a plastic that would be strong enough to take the place of the metal, we basically have one good choice off the top of my head - Plexiglass or something that nature. PC is too brittle, and in reality whatever plastic it might be would have to be thicker and more bulky than the metal to give adequate strength.

I understand why I’m being hated on… practicality is null. I never meant for this to be a completely different route for the product. I was only wondering if it was possible (after sale) to cut out a window (a small rectangle) in the case to put in a plexiglass and see the insides at all times. I like the beauty of moving gears and would like to be able to see it in action.

1 Like

sure you can always cut what ever you want on your gear cover, just there is still the question, which grease you will use than? invisible grease? the grease will sooner or later cover the window and you will see just grease moving around, no gears, nothing.

1 Like

Well for one I think transparent greases exist. But I feel they dont stay that way very long. Would the gearbox be sealed enough to allow for a grease less viscous? Something more liquid like molyslip liquid grease? Its liquid like a lubricant but acts like a grease.

1 Like

I’m not saying what I want to do is any good. Just that my OCD wants closure :stuck_out_tongue:
Screenshot_20190801-025915_Google this is what my mind thinks of when I speak of this

5 Likes

@Flasher I have see through case on my gear drives… you cant see shit. The wheel blocks a lot of the view of the gears and what isnt covered by the wheels gets hidden by the grease…doesn’t work the way you want

5 Likes

@Bobby Pics?

@Flasher

7 Likes

Still pretty sweet

Evolve did their job with my first esk8 ever, they got me into DIY esk8! :joy:

1 Like

I guess this is what I get for not really checking in on the forum for a few days I miss out on cool shit.

This past weekend was my b-day and first birthday I actually celebrated and wanted to in 9 years. Been busy as fuck at work and today I got a computer from a customer that has a dispensary that made my hole lab smell of weed.

11 Likes

Sounds like a win win situation

Also, happy belated Birthday :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks being busy atleast makes the day go by faster.