Luukjes pneumie rim design, interest poll in first post.

Is there a tentative price for now?

1 Like

Around 225 dolans for a set, could be a bit cheaper still, or a bit more expensive.

1 Like

A set of 4 with tires, tubes, and pulleys or just the rims? This will determine if I can afford these :laughing:

3 Likes

Just the rims, they work with boardnamics 44t pulleys so i have not made custom pulleys. I bet the 3d printed kegel pulleys will work aswell. also these work with the boardnamics geardrive which is pretty cool if i say so myself.

3 Likes

What tyres are those? Perhaps that size would work with my 75kv TBDD, I weight 75kgs geared, what do you think?

Those are bergmeister tires, 145/45 stretched over the rim.

1 Like

They fit llllliiike a glove!!

7 Likes

So quotes for me will probably be there monday, super exited guys. Im getting help from a very kind person on this!

6 Likes

So the hubs are finally quoted! we are planning to sell these around £180. super exiting!

To see how many people are interested and what colors are preferred I opened a google form.

They are gonna be made by somebody you all know very well and is a long time member of this forum, reveal later :wink:

3 Likes

Final width?

1 Like

50mm, so about 15 mm wheel stretch.

2 Likes

Hold up. So you just ditched me? I don’t really understand. So you took the design changes JJ and I recommended and left. :cry:

2 Likes

Be real tho. You helped Luuk with an design that he came to you with, obviously I don’t know the details of this arrangement, but you made them, so it was some sort of business transaction. Then a few weeks after his prototypes have been made and feedback received, you came out with your own wheel, and specifically stated it was going to be cheaper than his. From my perspective it seems that would be an obvious reason to in finding someone else to make them.

5 Likes

I don’t think I stated it would be cheaper. It’s totally different. I’m sorry if it looked that way. I had discussed with Luuk about keeping the production of the 3.75 wheels slow so that the 2.9 could sell properly.

Also, there was a lot that went on in the background. For the last few months Luuk and I have gone back and forth about getting these done. Just a week ago we were talking about the new version files and drawings.

2 Likes

yes, it has all been a misunderstanding between us, we have talked it out. This what @A13XR3 said was the same i felt, however this was not the case and i made a mistake.

@surfnacho didnt do anything wrong here. It was me who made the choice and i want to say that the wheels he is making are amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks Luuk. Just because the infinity wheels are cool doesn’t mean yours are not. You know I am not nearly as good at cad as you are. I had people message me specifically to make a larger wheel, and a friend who has been interested in making some esk8 products with me.

Luuk and I have talked it through. And while I do feel as though I was wronged, I am taking responsibility of my actions. I definitely could have handled it a bit better.

I definitely would appreciated if we could have talked about it beforehand, but I can understand why you could have been frustrated.

Hopefully everything goes well. There is no malicious intent from my side. Everything was transparent between the two of us, but from the outside I can see how it looks.

Those who want smaller tires, just buy these. Can’t go wrong at 180 pounds :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

This what he said is true and we do not wish for any drama for it is not needed. We are also not gonna delete these posts because it is a part of the developement of these wheels.

This was your first sentence in the post about your hubs. I would have felt slighted, since it seems like it’s in reference to him/his design.

Glad you guys sorted it tho! I didn’t mean to stir up shit.

3 Likes

Ok. That plan was something totally different. We actually changed up the whole thing after that. I was planning for like a 2.9 inch $150 set which would be inferior to Luuks. Then everyone got horny for the 3.75 haha

Ur good man, just don’t want cause any drama. Luuk and I have talked it through properly and we’ll see what happens 🤷🏽

3 Likes

For now ive put the wheels on the backburner for a bit. They are ready for production but imma save up money so i can purchase a batch up front.

6 Likes