Luukjes pneumie rim design, interest poll in first post.

What would be the estimate on when they release? I’m planning a build and will probably hold it off until these sick wheels are ready for purchase!!! So excited!

1 Like

These are the Luukjes pneumie rims, yes. I’m just testing them.

3 Likes

We are going to do one round in i hope a month, but it could be a bit longer.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

So quick update, new design is working out great, however i need to slot the valve hole a bit to have the tube slide through, it turned out that with our test print it got stuck.

Nearly on the final production piece, im very stoked about this.

8 Likes

As am I. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

stoked is an understatment !!!

2 Likes

So update time!

Printing the final version to see if everything fits. Surfnacho printed it too, however he thinks he is not installing the tires correctly.

We slotted the valve hole, this should compensate for the weight a bit and make installing it easier.

6 Likes

Btw these hubs are compatible with boarnamics geardrive!

11 Likes

What’s the reason for putting the edge that you take off to remove the tire on the inside? If you were to put it on the outside you could change the tires or repair flats without having to take the wheel off the truck.

3 Likes

Looks nicer :stuck_out_tongue: but ill take a look at switching it. You make a good point!

2 Likes

Part of me also feels like a thick lock ring would be nice to be able to replace if we curb the wheel too lol. But yeah, if i had to carry a spare tube and one ~M4 allen key to change a flat, that would be sweet.

2 Likes

so i have printed the test rim and it turned out it was very hard to put the valve in because the tire is was very tight around the hub. So i slotted out the hole to see when the valve would fit well and sanded the hub a bit smaller in diameter and it fit now. i adjusted the files accordingly and sent @surfnacho some files to see if he can manage to get the tire in too, if he does and all seems good we are very close to actually making these!

3 Likes

I won’t be buying them, but they look really cool!

1 Like

Eyyyy you are sti alive! How are you doing big man?

I still have that firefly with your firmware that i need to finish :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeahh nothing’s catched me so far! Just very very busy, not really been active here sadly :frowning:

And yeah, you should definitely finish the damn remote :rofl:

2 Likes

I should, my build is nearly done and its the last piece of the puzzle. Imma contact you soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you get your board running again? If not i have a leftover skitsky for you thats quite used that you can have until you can procure something better! I dont want it back though xD

2 Likes

Yeaah FOCBOX got repaired by Martinsp, just haven’t installed it yet because of time restrictions, won’t be riding in this shitweather anyway :cold_face:

1 Like

Chicken :chicken:

:rofl:

3 Likes

Man I hate even being outside, I hate being outside on my bike even more. I can’t deal with all days below 15 degrees (celsius), they give me a bad mood lol. On the board it’s even colder as I don’t do a thing except standing :rofl:

I just want my summer back.

4 Likes