Luukjes pneumie rim design, interest poll in first post.

@longhairedboy i made a new topic to gather interest in the wheels , but forgot to add a poll lmao

2 Likes

Well when someone switches their board to AT the issue arises that the truck is no longer long enough to be able to secure the AT hub to the truck. So these would be able to fit on standard sized trucks and extended ones?

1 Like

these fit all the axles that normal urethane wheels fit yes. :+1:

2 Likes

This is amazing news!!! I think a direct drive build with these wheels would be mind blowing.

keep it at or below 60 KV actual or they’ll burn up.

3 Likes

Is Torque boards 60kv direct drive okay? I’m not sure the performance I’ll be getting. Would you recommend just going belt drive over trying direct with them?

1 Like

their 60KV should be fine. I think @DerelictRobot has some experience with those. My only experience is with melting 75KV drives in rear wheel dive configurations after testing the beta test units which i’m convinced are less than 60KV. The beta units just now melted, i’ve been using those on Janux rims for ike a year and a half and finally wore them out.

3 Likes

IMO just go belt. I think DDs are cool, I have owned a set in the past, and it was pretty nice, however I do not think they are quite there yet.

It really depends on your setup and build goals. Tryna go more stealthy or more powerful? The DDs are hella quite, but belts are obv loud. If this is your main board, I would go belt drive, if this just another board you want to experiment with, DDs aren’t bad.

If you are going DDs with these pnumies, 60kv should be totally adequate.

3 Likes

Thank you for the response!

1 Like

I honestly love the sound of the motors sand don’t care for stealth at all. I want a powerful and fast board with these wheels.

1 Like

What gearings have been tested with these? Given it can fit a normal kegal drive gear would that mean y’all are using 36T, 38T, or 40T? What works best for y’all?

1 Like

It would be the same as any other similar wheel.

Those are all pretty small

The new larger BN pulleys will be good, and I might make a larger pulley to go with new hubs like these. Idk maybe 50t or somethin.

1 Like

That sounds pretty awesome honestly, I’m liking the 50T idea. I’m eager to get my hands on these suckers lol.

I’m using a 16/36 on them right now, kegel pulleys from my haggyboard’s kit because I’m on kahuas. Thay’e injection molded ABS. But after the testing we did on the janux wheels i can say that sintered nylon insert pulleys would work fine as well. And of course any of the aluminum kegel pulleys would be fine.

My sealed 190KV 6374s get warm but they don’t seem to give much of a shit about the ratio on fully inflated 145s. Getting really good pull. and having the belts an inch and a half off the ground is nice for maintenance reasons.

2 Likes

When i say sintered nylon i’m referring to stuff like 3D printed pulleys from Shapeways.

2 Likes

Are these wheels that y’all are making 145mm’s? I know someone said like
6”x2”

I’m using bergmeister tires which are 145mm (according to the tire)

2 Likes

lil bit smaller ofc since they are stretched

2 Likes

this is with 60 pounds in the tubes so i can feel like urethane but grip like rubber.

5 Likes

And those are on the wheels y’all made? So it’s not like a specific sized wheel that has to go onto these hubs?

1 Like