Loopkey mounting. How do you do it?

I usually use ABS and print with face in top. It makes for a lot of support material but it looks better.

Silicone on the inside and sugru on the outside! 1.5 years in and I had to replace the key finally (corroded too much from salt/water/contact spark)

3 Likes

I’ve never used surgu before, but i just got some from @b264 a few weeks back.
Might go home and play with a bit tonight to seal up a few holes in my enclosure.

Are you not using an xt90s?

1 Like

It’s pretty great stuff, I use gloves since the oil from your skin can mess with the strength

2 Likes

I do but my plugs/keys wear out and I don’t care to change them all the time

That’s why you need to take example on Brian (@b264)

3 Likes

How can we be sure he didn’t find them all on the beach with his metal detector?

5 Likes

Whether he made them or found them is irrelevant to the fact of owning them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Overion Power Switch antispark key kit.
He is the only one I know from a shop that provides XT90S system for years, with a great PCB for setup etc…

(now he use black XT90 key, not yellow one)
https://www.overion.fr/produit/powerswitch-overion/

4 Likes

It’s odd that the female side is mounted and the male side is the key.

Maybe write

5th hour
math

on the loopkey

1 Like

It be because you can twist the male pins so the cups face each other. Can’t do that if you use the Female with the resistors as the key. The resistor stops you twisting it around.

Planing on trying to dermal/ drill out the back of the solder cup see is I can place a bit of solid 3mm copper bar there.

Don’t know if it will work as copper bar will wick the heat away pretty quick so might just end up with a molten mess by the time it’s soldered in.

1 Like

:open_mouth: i did that on mine :open_mouth:
Ok, maybe only the one without resistor :thinking: don’t remember, but as min one pin I turned around in the female plug for sure

If you have a male and female plugged together while you solder them, then the pins will stay straight and true even if the connector housing melts a bit.

6 Likes

just had a couple of these arrive on a slow boat, haven’t tried them yet but feel pretty solid

3 Likes

Working on it…

17 Likes

Ordered a set. Looks good!

Made this about a year ago for loop key storage and its been super nice. It’s a mod of the badwolf gt2b mod.

15 Likes

awesome!