Loopkey mounting. How do you do it?

I want to add a loop key to one of my boards but the best place for it would mean that it wold split the pack into 2. What is the reasoning that it is a bad idea?

they do sell silicone covers for xt90 at hobbyking. good for water but if I was kid Id want to play with it too. Something about high power kids want to connect. I had some lipo in a box at work and some special ed kid dug it out and I hear a huge snap and turn around and she’s looking guilty with vaporized contacts in her hand as she had decided shorting the large lipo bullet connectors to itself looked fun.

5 Likes

I constructed a lamp out of a flashlight bulb and a McDonalds soda cup and some nails when I was five. I proceeded to stick it in the mains power and ended up zapping myself. I’ve gained superpowers ever since - if I rub my feet against the carpet I can electrocute people. Cool, right?

It’s a smart place to place it, but knowing how clumsy I am I’d probably end up accidentally kicking it / stepping on it and just breaking it. (If it is sticking out on top.)

Place TWO loop keys on the enclosure, one on each side, requiring two loop keys to complete the circuit. This way it doesn’t matter if a toddler decides to shove their crayons in there. Surely their attention span isn’t long enough to stick stuff in both of them, right? :thinking:

The more loopity-loops the merrier.

4 Likes

but with the cap to the enclosure made water resistant when it was completed.

And now with AS150 in the off mode. Just plug the two together to turn on.

2 Likes

How I do it!

That’s an old key though. It got smashed on a pole lol. The new key is smaller so doesnt stick out as much

4 Likes

Thanks @yelnats8j
Just gotta get it wired up.

10 Likes

Are the boadiceas yo take out the ankles of others.

2 Likes

Trucks went from a wide pneumatic set up on a hummie to a 30 inch kicktail. Need to replace shoulder bolts. I like to gro it narrow om kicktail decks.

Wow, that’s…

That’s actually a fantastic idea.

Things that make you go Hmmm

2 Likes

I did this once, spent too much time looking for the loop keys.

1 Like

Twice I have just made like 5 more. After the second time of doing that, I’ve never been unable to find one.

This is just what was handy at the moment :rofl:

3 Likes

I need more lol

1 Like

Mine tend to get thrown out by my mom…

5 Likes

is there anyone that could 3d print me a xt90 loopkey holder or whatever they are called. I can pay shipping etc.

1 Like

Then I’d mount two XT90 male on your deck. One that turns the skate on, and one that only holds the loopkey but isn’t connected to anything. :grin:

I ordered a bunch of magnets to glue to the loop key so I can just put it on the truck when its not in use.

3 Likes

PM me an address, I’ll send you fob cover and panel mount.

2 Likes

Im pretty happy witht this.

For when im not using my loopkey

17 Likes

@Skunk I though for a second that was an antitheft for your remote :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m gonna get this printed here is SA. What material do you recommend? I’ve got a black enclosure from @eBoosted.