Loopkey mounting. How do you do it?

Ordered a couple sets as well. Good lookin out!

1 Like

Does look great

1 Like

18 Likes

Spin the - connector around 180 deg with pliers. Dremeled a slot on the inside of the + (it won’t spin because of the resistor) used a bit of 4mm diameter copper bar. Snip our some of the plastic inside the cover

7 Likes

testing casting in resin

7 Likes

never-mind I got it… reading is FUNdamental…

3 Likes

Does anyone have an stl file of the male side of a XT90s including the posterior prongs? I searched here and on thingiverse, but only find designs made for the XT90 body and not an actual stl of the XT90s. So just checking before I make my own.

I just found this on grabcad, so I assume I can convert from Fusion360 file format to stl when I take the time to learn Fusion360.

In comparing the XT90 and XT90s I am finding they are identical outer dimensions, but just want to confirm.

https://grabcad.com/library/xt90-connector-male-female-by-mrjesters-1

I’m not aware of any exterior differences (aside from coloring) between the female XT90S and the female XT90. On the interior they are slightly different. There is no male XT90S, only the male XT90.

2 Likes

OK, that’s what I thought, thanks

Shoot me a pm

These are awesome, I am going to try and find someone able to print this for me - just had one question if you had a moment to answer. How do you secure the XT90 to the panel mount? does it just fit snugly, or are you using glue, or another means to make sure it remains snug in there? The idea of cutting into my enclosure, or doing something wrong has me scared haha

1 Like

There are holes in the panel mount, inside the enclosure where you can put super glue. Most people find them snug. I usually hit the panel mount with a heat gun after the XT90 is installed so it forms to the plug.

2 Likes

wow i feel stupid for wondering if those holes were meant for screws :exploding_head:. Makes way more sense now haha, thanks man! hopefully i can get one printed

1 Like

Newest thing I’ve been using for loopkey mounting is West System 650 epoxy and it’s working exceptionally well. Mount the male side through the enclosure.

1 Like

That looks like the same way my first loopkey was constructed – dremeled slots in both solder cups, solid copper wire to bridge them, and snipped plastic inside the end cap for clearance. Also passed a zip tie under the solid copper wire to serve as a pull-tab…
Velcro is the tried & true way to stick it to the remote so I don’t leave home without one or the other.

2 Likes

Are that bumpers on your wheels?

Bumpers ?

You mean the over sized axels? That board was still in mock-up phases and I hadn’t gotten shorter ones yet.

1 Like

Yo man, that is exactly why I always put switches on the toe side. And it even played the game for me one time

1 Like

Tried something new and flush mounted the xt90 to the fiberglass enclosure. I cut a rounded rectangular hole, glassed the inside, then filled the gaps / glued the xt90 in place using epoxy + cab-o-sil.

15 Likes