Looking for 190kv 6384 Unsealed Motor Options

As title conveniently suggests, who makes them? Anyone selling 2 in good condiditon?

Google is flooding me with flipsky results only and I have read enough negative reviews that I wish to avoid that route.

8mm shaft and 3mm keyway is a must, nudes optional.

Thank you for reading. If YoU dOn’T hElP, tHe GhOsT oF JaSoN pOtTeR wIlL sHoW uP aT yOuR hOuSe ToNiGhT wItH hOt MoToRs On YoUr FaCe. :eyes:

4 Likes

shipping + tax might make it less of a deal. There is a 170kv version too if 200 is too high.

1 Like

@Andy87 has had a few bad experiences with APS motors I believe. Thank you for the option though, I’ll see if he weighs in.

2 Likes

V2 versions seem good. These are the new ones @Lee_Wright battle hardened on his youtube channel.

3 Likes

Ahh thank you for that connection.

Shipping is only £25, not as bad as I expected.

1 Like

I would personally just get the aps and then battle harden them with the most conventional method you wish to take.

I actually really don’t care about you, Justin, but i don’t want Jason to show up randomly while I’m in my Pickachu onesie

1 Like

No judgement here

3 Likes

@Venom121212 don’t wanna derail your thread but just curious why unsealed?

I have a mtb dedicated to getting smashed up and dirty in the woods.

This is going on a long range explorer board that I’ll be running at high speeds for long amounts of time. High kv, 9" wheels, 5:1 gearing may run a bit hot so taking all the help I can get.

I recall someone mentioning the sealed having another big bearing on it but I might have made that up.

Was hoping someone might chime in about that.

3 Likes

Ahhh makes sense.

The 6396 maytech motors have a big bearing on them. If I remember correct.

It’s a here : Maytech 6396 motor

2 Likes

omg amazing
My dad has a wolf one, let me find the photo ahaha
also give that doggo a high five :raised_hands: that dog has more style than any exway

1 Like

6396 is the max for @moon’s gears on my setup. Max always scares me but I obviously want the biggest I can fit as well. I thought the maytech might have had the wrong bolt spacing though.

2 Likes

They updated it to fit 63xx pattern.

2 Likes

Well alrighty then. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Yeah I had quite some troubles with my aps motors, but I also can tell that customer service always was very good and I got my broken bells replaced. Battle harden is a must and maybe from time to time a bearing change isn’t bad either, but to look for which price the motors are sold :man_shrugging: Just get a third as spare and it’s still cheaper than other brands :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

hows your testing on the v2 going? have you got enough miles on them to give a verdict?

I?
I didn’t bought some v2 yet. My gears, sprockets and pulleys are all 10mm (ok not all…) :joy:
but definitely way playing with the idea to get some v2.
I know @rich and @Lee_Wright bought some of the new motors. Maybe one of them had the opportunity to get them out for a test ride.

3 Likes

maytech 6396 only come with 10mm shaft thou

2 Likes

If your main goal is to reduce heat, and you don’t need the power of bigger motors, have you thought about holding out for higher voltage? That would open up your motor options a bit.

Saite is another option for 200kv 6384.

1 Like

Never heard of them, I’ll give them a look. HV stuff is expensive and I already bought cells and an enclosure for a planned battery. I mentioned going higher voltage to the storm core folks but wasn’t chosen to try it out so I’ll see how that plays out from afar for now.

I’m not overly worried about the heat, just didn’t need sealed motors and playing safe.

2 Likes