Loaded unlimited hub motors experience?

Regardless of the battery I’m limiting the speed to 25ish mph and the power to 30A, 12s P26A vs 10s P42A is just based on space and range

18650 is easier to fit because no mods, but 21700 gives me range

I wanna use their wrench but it doesn’t fit my sockets :joy:

it should fit any skate t tool

2 Likes

My skate tool doesn’t fit, it has the chunky plastic exterior

1 Like

u need one of these:

actually everyone need one of these, its easy af to carry anywhere

4 Likes

I absolutely need one, my current solution is a 1/2 and 9/16 box/crescent and a 3mm Allen wrench in a Ziploc :joy:

There’s also a balanced and inflated hub and 8" tire with pulley and bearings plus 2 belts in there, just in case I fuck up real bad

1 Like

think u need better solution than a whole backpack full of tools incase u mess up :joy:

1 Like

Hey man, if I’m 10 miles down a trail and my drive tire or belt decides to eat shit and die, I wanna make it home without lugging a 35 pound skateboard up a muddy hill :joy:

In my defense the only time I ever broke a belt was when I got stuck in a snow bank and the belt had ice packed into it

That wheel has never come out

6 Likes

So loaded got back to my pole pairs question. For those of you unsure, I’ve been told there’s 14 pole pairs in their motors. Hopefully this will help y’all set em up on the vesc tool. I’m trying to see if they’ll share some specs on the motors to determine appropriate maximum wattage as well. Hopefully they get back with a meaningful response. I’ll be sure to post here if I learn anything valuable. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Their max power rating is 840W and they use a 10s battery so 840W / (10s * 4.2V/s) = 20A

3 Likes

Dang. Hopefully they can handle more than that for short bursts…

search terms

loaded unlimited hub motor pole pairs count magnets number how many

1 Like

20A battery current is only 20A motor current at top speed, if you are anything below top speed, the motor current would be significantly higher for 840W.

I have a few street skates that run 20A battery max per motor and they aren’t underpowered at all, as long as the motor current numbers are high. A lot of power and jerkiness at higher speeds is more dangerous anyway.

1 Like

Motor detection set me at 30A so, not too bad.

That’s motor current, which is something totally different than battery current.

2 Likes

Wonder if that’s set more by the battery provided in the kit than the actual capability. That poor 2p pack

2 Likes

Oh yeah 20 battery amps makes sense

For sure the motor could do many more than 30 amps before the motor reaches its magnetic limit and could set motor amps much higher.

1 Like

What size are the phase wires?

it fits comfortablely in MT30 housing, what do u think :joy:

in my research, XT30 cup internal dia = 1.21mm = 18AWG

3 Likes