Loaded unlimited hub motors experience?

At some point you just gotta go to 4wd for the power

2 Likes

Damn that’s tiny. Even 20A would probably get spicy

1 Like

20 is just above the ‘good’ rating for 18awg, but it’s RMS vs peak so I think it will live, motor itself will probs be the toastiest

2 Likes

20a on 18awg is still within acceptable range, short period of continuous 20a should be fine

Screenshot_20220811-005241_metr__01

10 Likes

Oh Lord what have you done

1 Like

having fun!

3 Likes

14 Likes

What are y’all’s thoughts?

• 10s2p P26A w/ LTT
  • 12s2p P26A w/ LTT
  • 10s3p P26A w/ Daly
  • 10s2p P42A w/ LTT
  • 12s2p P42A w/ LTT

0 voters

Has anyone tested the kv on these?

Went on a 40 minute ride yesterday. Didn’t pop any logging on but I’d guess it was about 12 miles / 15 km. Didn’t let up at all, rode as I normally would on that route.

I was surprised I was able to keep my finger on the hubs for a few seconds before the heat caught up. It was 85° F yesterday and I was hitting some hills on that little 10s2p pack.

7 Likes

After days of haggling, I caved. Fought hard for the battle of $450, lost. $500 all in total. Took it for a short 5-mile run, felt good, and everything felt settled. Weird plastic on the motor connector but I am not putzing with this board. I’ve been dreaming about a quality street set up and this thread pushed me over. Of course the day I buy the motor liners are out of stock… Will just have to wait and press f5 or cave again for the wheel upgrade pack.

edit the rip in the motor liner had a piece of glass in it. superglue it back?

2 Likes

Fill all the cuts with CA glue, I’d recommend cleaning them first though (wash by hand then top rack of the dish washer, give it a while to dry)

3 Likes

Just switched to these hubs from belts/6354s on my shortboard. The freerchobby motors were rattling too much and I didn’t feel like dissembling the whole drivetrain to shim the axles.

That may have been a mistake :grimacing: . Got hard brakes 3mins in on the first ride. Left side motor internal short seems likely. Lots of resistance still without it connected, unlike the other side.

…I super high hopes for these, they look so pretty on a narrow polished set of Paris trucks. But alas, I’ll see what Unlimited says. Hope I can swap it before they are gone forever.

**Also, damn lotta faith in that little locking washer these things use, that had me terrified more than anything at first.

4 Likes

what kinda washer is it? standard spring washer types are pretty much proven to do nothing vibration resistance wise.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s kinda like a little collet washer

4 Likes

They call it a cone washer

2 Likes

How does it prevent loosening? Is it a softer material that grips better or smth?

It compresses as you tighten the axle nut. Goes on the inside of the wheel.