Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

v3.1 sample. I got the production issues resolved. Expected to be shipped to distributors starting next week.

5 Likes

Will these fit in the LFoc v3 Flowglider enclosures?

Bittersweet moment, I am glad it will be available again. But at the same time, I canā€™t believe there is still no bolt on terminals in one of the best -and not cheap- focers outthere :frowning:, which as stupid as it seems would be one fo the best features to be able to customize the controller boxes having more space.
For some reason, is never the time.
Still love it, butā€¦

Iā€™ve spoken about the possibility of terminals already. It will take some experimentation and proper sourcing to do correctly. Plus the design may have to change slightly to accommodate them. Switching to terminals is not arbitrary and will take significant effort to implement correctly. While I understand some may benefit from it, it is not a request from all markets. The little FOCer is inherently meant to serve general markets in applications of up to around 6kW.

7 Likes

I hope whoever youā€™re working with pulls through, everybody was shitting on Benjamin when he went with Trampa.

But from a manufacturing and engineering standpoints Trampa did do the job.

Iā€™m sure Rion has tons of ressources for their scooters.

I just hope your Esc donā€™t blow up and are available for purchase without too much bullshit.

At this point Iā€™m happy to drop 3k for a 750 if it doesnā€™t blow up and I can purchase it somewhat pain free.

Good luck :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the Tronic 750 not blowing up btw.

6 Likes

Also I can clarify my relationship with Rion/Tronic. Itā€™s not me ā€œselling outā€ my individuality or whatever like how maybe people perceived Ben/Trampa. Iā€™ve partnered with Rion to create the Tronic brand of components for my more powerful designs. The Little FOCer and the FOCer family is still gunna be all me. Thatā€™s my baby and Iā€™m not giving it away.

ESCs blow up just like car parts blow up when you do something too wrong with it. It takes effort to tune up and get good performance. I only ever intend to improve my designs as I go and I think Iā€™ve proven that. I want to make it difficult to blame the hardware.

12 Likes

is this @kevingraehl ?

4 Likes

Preaching the dream my dude.

2 Likes

It is

3 Likes

This is why others blame the customer instead.

2 Likes

yeah it seems like the current setup is shaman->rion->alienrides->customer.

is the partnership with alienrides official ?

is it between you and them or is it a partnership between Rion and them ?

Anyone has the .step of the little focer v3 -FM version- without case? Thanks

1 Like

Oopsies

Alien rides is a Rion partnership (which in turn probably correlates in some way to Shaman)

Iā€™m the engineer in these relationships. And the other people do the other things required to run a business. So yeahā€¦itā€™s like your typical startup with a few people doing what their good at to try an build something great.

8 Likes

This is from a friend that wanted me to post it in this thread.

He doesnā€™t know what to do, but he is definitely scared.
EDIT: this was on discord vescify channel

3 Likes

Is this a OW type application? Because there are several experts on tuning the Little FOCer for OW type stuff. Who did this individual purchase this from? Motor clicking sometimes means you just need to reduce the observer gain.

3 Likes

Might as well create an account right;) Hi!
Yes, Onewheel application. The motor sound was perfectly healthy (more a sign-of-life sound).

Only weird thing was that all the RT data was alive except the IMU angles: the 3d model was frozen in perfectly flat orientation with Pitch/Yaw/Roll = 0.

So the board would not engage no matter what i did which is a good thing.

3 Likes

Ohā€¦and i really would appreciate a recommendation whom i may contact for some proper vesc tuning specifically Fieldweakening related. I use the board daily but the feature has some remarkable side-effects. I do not know folks that use it and also push the limits so it needs some brainpicking and finetuning.
(And i REALLY do not want to join Fecesbook for it, under no condition;)

4 Likes