Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

Nope. Distribution, sales, and marketing are too big for me to handle alongside product development.

5 Likes

Got it. Makes sense.

2 Likes

Can you talk about the differences in specs in this v3.1? You said that things were improved.
Are the bolt on terminals coming to lfoc?
Thanks

1 Like

Gate driver changes for greater component flexibility as well as some tricks to further improve stability when pushing the limits.

2 more 2oz layers to the PCB for added copper content.

Transition to the LSM6DS3TR-C IMU. Great results with that so far.

6 Likes

Hello! Do you have an email I can reach out to for business inquiries? Cannot see that there is a way to private message on here.

If you don’t wanna post it, mine is ktvick12@gmail.com.

Hope to chat soon!

1 Like

The private messaging feature of this forum is restricted on brand new accounts, as an anti-spam measure. If you read around the forum, interact with a few posts, etc, your account will “level up” and your PM privileges will be unlocked. Alternatively, Shaman can choose to PM you himself.

4 Likes

Hey @shaman, will this feature be compatible with the new little focer v3.1? (or even with v3?)

2 Likes

Excuse my confusion, but Little FOCer is VESC 6, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yep, haven’t understood that either, as I was assuming lfoc was always Vesc6

1 Like

It’s like VESC 6 in the sense that it has 3x phase current sensing. But it’s unlike VESC 6 in the fact that it uses low-side shunts rather than inline shunts. The low side shunts allow the higher operating voltage due to a lack of current sense amps in the market with high enough common mode voltage to achieve 20S operation.

8 Likes

So the Trampa Vesc 100/250 supposedly Vesc6 would have exactly the same problem using low-side shunts too… Therefore no vesc high voltage in the market now will support this feature?

3 Likes

The VESC 100/250 does seem to have low side shunts based on what I could dig up.

If there wasn’t such an extreme chip shortage, then one of my high voltage designs would actually support this. It would be one of the bigger ones though

4 Likes

So, no plans to do that on little focer?

No. Changing the design to phase shunts is A. Impossible due to the shortage and B. a massive undertaking that probably cause the whole thing to be bigger.

3 Likes

@shaman so I accidentally flashed the firmware on my little focer v3 trying to add an external Bluetooth module. Do you mind sharing the firmware file for the onboard Bluetooth chip so I can use it again?

Thanks!

To be clear the firmware for the onboard Bluetooth chip is what I accidentally flashed.

I should be able to share that tomorrow when I’m back at the shop

3 Likes

Little FOCer BT_FW.hex (520.0 KB)

Here ya go!

yes I need to make this kind of stuff more available. I’ll see about getting it up on the distributor’s websites

6 Likes

I usually throw that stuff on a git repo