Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

Here’s a prototype of the “Turbo” next to a v1. You can see some of the differences. This prototype did 250A motor on the bench for just over 30 seconds with only the simple aluminum block and no airflow.

17 Likes

15 Likes

Those are some BIG mosfets.

I’m gonna have to find a bigger motor when the Turbo comes around…

2 Likes

If you’re not in need of bonkers volumes, alot of manufacturers still have plenty of stock in thier sample wearhouses while thier suppliers might be OOS, maybe you can coax some from them :smiley:

1 Like

The manufacturers I’ve gone to too all have the same story unfortunately. It’ll be good to just go ahead and redesign. Less worries for the future

2 Likes

I see it features Kcaps just like the kweld…

I actually really need that because somehow I can easily overcurrent downhill. I blame the torque response but still.

1 Like

Kcaps? What’s are those? Also feel free to PM me and fill me in on the over current issues

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

@shaman I’ll PM you. I have been trying to screen record vesc tool but I need to hookup a real BT module and got spooked when joey killed his.

3 Likes

Oh I see. Yeah the cuts made on the cap for pressure release looks like a K. At least that’s what I thought they were.

2 Likes

Kapacitors. :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Did someone say 250 Amps :drooling_face:

We’re friends right?

5 Likes

DVR less?

2 Likes

Maybe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. Will be the same size as the original Little focer?

2 Likes

Yep!

4 Likes

And the last stupid question for now, do you have any ETA to finish the new design? Looks you are in beta or alpha…

1 Like

It’s currently in the redesign process. The existing “Turbo” prototype uses the DRV still. I’ll give an ETA when I have a meaningful one. Just know that it’s one of my top priorities right now

7 Likes

Anyone in the USA that missed out and needs one still? Pm me…

2 Likes

I can’t believe that’s not sold yet

3 Likes