Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

You and me are both in the wanting to machine a 6" wheel rim camp.

I did a quick look but did not find guides for modeling a tubeless rim lock. Copy an existing hub?

(Still on topic to thread, as my gear drive onewheel hub would be little FOCer powered)

2 Likes

@shaman What exactly is the IMU chip on board?

1 Like

BMI160

If anyone needs one that wasn’t able to buy when they were available pm me, I have an extra that I won’t be using that I will give away at cost + shipping + PayPal fees for the community. I’m located in US just FYI.

3 Likes

Hi, sorry I can’t figure out how to PM on this forum but I am interested if its still available?

These went on sale twice and sold out both times, but I’m sure there are more coming… what country are you in?

I am UK which makes things a bit difficult unfortuntely. Was attempting to reply to Longboardshort with his spare. Couldn’t find a pm button anywhere on his profile though.

2 Likes

PMd

Shaman did you develop nrf52? I’d be really nice to have a Shaman :tm: :b:L 5.0 module.

3 Likes

bruh that thing spinning harddddd. What’s up with fet temp? -80C ???

4 Likes

Nope I’m using a precertified module. It’s much less of pain just to use those and be already FCC approved.

Can you send me a pic of this area of the PCB with focus on NTC1, R2, and C41? PM preferred.

2 Likes

I see. Can you get that 3.3V pad soldered better where the programming connector used to be? Or is the pad ripped out?

1 Like

Oh shit I see, fuckk yeah I ripped it.

3 Likes

Ok. You see that tiny little trace coming from the left most pad of NTC1 that goes to that hole where a pad used to be? Yeah…that’s what provided 3.3V to the temp sensor(NTC1)

1 Like

managed to save it. Couldnt see the trace until you mentionned it! thanks lol

2 Likes

No worries. Glad the fix was easy!

Has anyone else finally started using this controller? @Fosterqc did you manage work out the issues? @Aethyr did you manage to fine tune the HFI?

1 Like

I am… about to put together 24S lifepo4 A123 pack because I realized it will fit like a hot damn.

I just got The lilFOCer bolted down to try out balancing lol.

I have no idea why detection isn’t super reliable, Will take me a while to figure that out without help.

Found this related and interesting

2 Likes