Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

They are not the same. There were changes to both the ESCs and the boxes to accommodate them.

2 Likes

the CNC aluminium case is compatible for the V3 and v3.1, the flowglider printed box are not compatible.

3 Likes

There’s an aluminum case?

3 Likes

The CNC aluminum block w/ lid. It’s the kind you bought :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Ohhhhhh.

Gotcha. :+1:

2 Likes

Got a limited sale going on! Latest version of the Little FOCer.

3 Likes

Well thats not good. Actual battery voltage was 79.5V.
I forgot but I will lower the voltage max like you said before.

(This is on a Onewheel with poor construction causing odd behavior)

1 Like

Did this happen during regen? Says that no current was being drawn at the time of the fault.

1 Like

Not sure 100% but I think I was just riding around grass getting wheelslips and stuff. Riding quite mellow, I think it was more of an anomaly than a clear issue.

Shaman what’s the soonest the tronic 1000 going to be available?

1 Like

As well as the 750

Guys I can’t comment on Tronic here and this thread is for the LFOC. I design for Tronic but I’m not in charge of everything about it.

4 Likes

Hi

searched everywhere but cant find firmware on internet or vesc tool
need downgrade v6.00 firmware back to 5.3 to update display
i know how this process works just need firmware if shaman or someone could share pls :pray:

1 Like

I’m out of town for a couple of days. I’ll be back by Friday to help you out

thank you!

1 Like

Hello, @shaman I remember you saying a cap can be taken off to fit into tight spaces in a high inductance hub application (Onewheel). Just to make sure, is it still so for v3.1? And, for that matter, could two caps be taken off? (I should be fine with one)

3 Likes

Yeah you’re fine to do that with one cap for the OW application. Most have found that one is enough

4 Likes

Is it safe to drive a relay from the 5v output? I saw somewhere in this post that 500ma was okay and my relay draws about 80ma. I just hooked the signal and vcc wires from this relay: Inland Single 5V Relay Module for Arduino - Micro Center After the fact I realized the logic is pointless if I’m driving them both from the 5v. I just want to make sure no long term damage would occur from the relay.

1 Like

This sounds fine to me. 80mA is well under the max output of the 5V rail.

Okay, thanks! I don’t understand back EMF or if that’s even a thing in this case. I just know relays can blow stuff up so I figured I’d better ask before blowing it up. :slight_smile: