Lights for Matrix II Trucks

Hey kids.
Looking for lights to put on my MBS build.

Anyone got suggestions for lights I can clamp to the front trucks?

Should I just stick one to the top of the deck?

4 Likes

Yeah niteriders. I only buy quality stuff so it’s a bit expensive but these are the best lights and work beautifully on mbs trucks.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZJYF78/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_pFRgEb8BFMHKJ

4 Likes

So you just put them as close to the wheels as you can? The deck doesn’t hit them?

1 Like

I’m not sure of your deck, it looks chunk. But I used them on a prototipo with no problems. The best part is it’s Amazon. If they don’t work just return them immediately :slight_smile: no loss

2 Likes

They have chode ones too
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGLJWQV/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_wLRgEbEWQ6665

1 Like

Yeah. Love Amazon. I had gotten some similar ones and they stuck up a bit too much… On hard turns the deck would hit. So I’m hoping to find some that almost sit right on the trucks without the extra height…

1 Like

Ah for sure, your deck is huge. I would go with a light mounted on a x brace on the front truck bolts

1 Like

This one fits on under the hanger bolt and runs off battery voltage. it’s bright as fuck.

… and for the rear…

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten a chance to fully install this, but I’m going to use @dani’s pyramid mount for some Shredlights and an LED floodlight. Plan is to wire the LED’s with a switch and a plug to a buck converter. If like to be able to easily remove the floodlight in case I want to upgrade it or move it to another board, and have the Shredlights as a low light “to be seen” option if I want to just run those and use a helmet light instead of the floodlight. Even though it’s not as clean looking, I think the lights work better the higher up they are mounted.

4 Likes

I mounted these on my matrix trucks. They can run directly of of a 12s pack. I used the m8 brake holes to mount them. The way I did it, you need two extra m8 nuts to tighten the light onto the truck.

To mount them, I first tightened a nut against the mount, and then threaded a second nut on until it just barely got the first nut. Then I threaded the mount into the m8 brake holes, and once it was almost as far as it could go, and oriented correctly, I tightened the second nut down against the truck.

10 Likes

You could always trim the nose of the deck a little :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I wanna see some pics of this. I’ve had it in my cart and like the singular look but generally prefer rechargeable lights.

I have ones from @genex that mount on top of the trucks and are great but the deck got in the way and I was in a hurry so…

10 Likes

@NoWind

1 Like

You mean something like this:

We are in the last stage of testing the prototypes. Going to release those shortly…

32 Likes

That’s pretty rad.

5 Likes

Monster truck action!!!

4 Likes

I can say, that this frontlight is bright af.

3 Likes

Oh god that is sexy.

4 Likes

Hi, do you have a link to the led lamp you put on your beast? I’m also searching for a 12s led lamp to plug directly on my lipos…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IY3YLCI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_gZWjEbS9TN74F
Here you go.