Lights for Matrix II Trucks

thanks, but in the description it indicates :
Input Voltage: 9-30V DC (fits 12V, 24V vehicles)

it didn’t blow with your 12s pack?

Nope, other people also run these exact same lights on 12s.

I’m a fan of the simplicity of shredlights.
Props to @Jbev for making me think of using the m8 holes.
Just adapted shredlight mounts and bent them…
Probably can’t really run into anything with these but barring that I think they are going to stay on pretty well.

7 Likes

I found this light on Amazon for $15. It’s plenty bright and 2 should be more than sufficient. It doesn’t say how many lumens in the ad, but it is about the same as other mountain bike lights that are 3 times the price. Also, it is super solid, and heavy…all aluminum body. I retrofit it with a GoPro mount, however. I had to do a little surgery on it to make it work. But if you are mounting them onto your Matrix 2’s, the mount it comes with is perfect.

Here is the link: LZRYX Bike Light,USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set,8+ Hours Mountain Road Cycling Safety Commuter Flashlight with 3 Modes,High Waterproof Bike Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZ7MVFX/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_BuIFEbGGBPH5M
I also got a tail light. Also, very happy with this one. It’s only $10, and does the job perfectly. I did a little work on the mount to make this one fit on the back of the esc box. .(upload://1hok5uIhcnqtDZkWmNj6r14gS10.jpeg)
Here is the link: Bright USB Rechargeable Bike Tail Light - IPX4 Weatherproof Bicycle Rear Lights - Red Cycling Road Safety Back Helmet Light For All Bicycles & Scooters - 6 Flashing & Constant Modes - 180° Visibility https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JBZQL8V/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_1GIFEb65AY8TF
This is my first build. On the next one, I will mount 2 lights on the trucks. I was nervous about how much I was spending, and looking to save a few bucks here and there. I figured I had nothing to lose, because I could send them back. Now, I can’t see why I would spend so much more on “mountain bike” lights. I cannot see the difference. Good luck.

1 Like

So I wound up getting those lights to mount on the front truck. These are rated at 700 lumens each. They are larger than shred lights, but brighter, and have a comparable length before battery dies. I have Matrix 2 trucks, and there is no problem with clearance. $21.99 each, and comes with a tail light. They all have various pulsing functions, as well as the standard bright/med/low. Now I look like a rolling disco coming down the street. But imo, you can never be too safe.
Here is the link, and a few updated pics:
Volcano Eye Bike Light Set, USB Rechargeable 700 Lumen LED Bicycle Headlight and Taillight, Waterproof Bright Cycle Lights with 4 Lighting Modes, Easy Mount Front Cycling Light for Any Bikes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08214582D/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pN7KEb7YAJ4MC

5 Likes
1 Like

Is there a way to adjust the angle on them? Feel sturdy?

1 Like

Yes on the angle.
At least on the matrix trucks. You can just kind of spin them around.

On trampa trucks maybe not because the band has a corner to sit on them.

I am not so sure they are going to stay put…
They won’t fall off… But I expect them to maybe shift with the board hitting bumps.

1 Like

Curious to know if this is still working for you? Need lighting options for a custom build, this looks like a decent option, especially if it can run at 12s.

1 Like

Still holding up :+1: I have somewhere between 5-10hrs on them.

I added the one I’m using in the back to the original post.

2 Likes

so cheap…

1 Like

How do you have them powered? Are they on a seperate switch or just always on when board is on?

Straight from the 12s pack. xt30 connectors near the light and near the battery. Cables live in the center case, cable clips on the bindings, only hook them up when needed.

2 Likes

No antispark needed?

1 Like

Nope. Hasn’t been an issue.

1 Like

Why not add a switch in between?

2 Likes

I don’t wanna.

2 Likes

That’s interesting indeed. Is it because the lights themselves soak up the inrush?

Mind showing a pic of what you did? I need lights for my mbs trucks. That carver is becoming a favorite!!

i dont believe you’ll get inrush current when theres no capacitors in the circuit.
VESC have inrush due to the caps being charged up and almost acting as a short circuit for a very short amount of time on start up

2 Likes