Let there be ESK8 lights

the green side on/off button on the one you linked would be much easier to press. I realized mine was hard to press because I would have to lift the visor up, but the GoPro prevents me from doing it.

Honestly that was one of the selling points for me. Does yours have a twistable focus? I’m excited to try this out, gotta love that one day shipping

2 Likes

yes, the two pics above shows the two focuses, the one you linked seems to be a push & pull.

1 Like

Ah makes sense. I thought you were showing low/high

1 Like

Wasn’t there a dude a week or two ago posting about his upcoming Matrix 2 light and mounts?

Looked really sleek and I can’t find that photo nor do i know his progress. I miss having a front light on my board.

1 Like

Found it.

@Duffman we’re waiting lol

3 Likes

I’m very interested in this setup too. Please keep us posted once you get your light. I’m thinking of doing something similar, but I was gonna mount the light/battery pack with some velcro so I can remove the light when I’m riding during the day.

What kind of helmet so do you have?

I have the demon podium and will also be using Industrial velcro for the back block. @Mikenopolis did you double side tape the front light or does it hang on the visor by itself?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079XPTWGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apap_QiGAQORhdNfVV

1 Like

Anyone ever try something like this wrist light?

https://www.amazon.com/Fomatrade-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Flashlight-Wristlight/dp/B00XL97SBG/

LOL, that + the crappy compas on the side makes it look like a spy toy for kids :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks like a marketing gimmick to me

1 Like

350 lumens will light up that pothole right as your wheel falls in :joy:

5 Likes

Lol I was more thinking for visibility since someone said something about carrying a flashlight to draw attention to themselves if a car is pulling out in front of them. But yea, shit looks weak haha

1 Like

I attach a nice bright flashlight to my remote, if a car is about to pull in front of me, I point it straight ahead at them. They can’t see what’s coming so they don’t move. Is it a truck? Is it a train? No it’s some dick on an eskate.

8 Likes

I used double sided tape. One of those outdoor high temp ones

1 Like

So far I’m impressed with the light. We’ll see how the front mounts, it’s not a completely smooth surface but one with lots of rafts.

The zoom is cool but I imagine I’ll always leave it diffused unless attempting to blind something.

Feet.

Plant.

4 Likes

how sturdy is the zoom function, do you see any risk of vibration slowly adjusting during less than ideal road conditions?

non-sequitur: is that Audrey II?

1 Like

Nah, it’s nice and full of resistance. I’m more worried about pulling the double sided tape off while pulling the lens out. I kinda wish it twisted to zoom but we’ll see how it goes.

We call him petey piranha lol. Very close

2 Likes

sweet thanks! keep a close eye on petey piranha something tells me he has ideas…

i really want there to be an off color joke to be in your post but i cannot find it, which means too much time online for me today. so i’m going to jack out of the internet for the day.

1 Like

While searching for lights online just now, I noticed there are these bicycle lights that project an image of a bicycle on the ground with lasers:

1. How hard would it be to modify that image to a skateboard? /s
  2. Why doesn’t something like this exist for turn indicators? I would love to have green arrows on the ground in front of me :smiley:
7 Likes