Lights for Matrix II Trucks

I haven’t gotten a chance to fully install this, but I’m going to use @dani’s pyramid mount for some Shredlights and an LED floodlight. Plan is to wire the LED’s with a switch and a plug to a buck converter. If like to be able to easily remove the floodlight in case I want to upgrade it or move it to another board, and have the Shredlights as a low light “to be seen” option if I want to just run those and use a helmet light instead of the floodlight. Even though it’s not as clean looking, I think the lights work better the higher up they are mounted.

4 Likes

I mounted these on my matrix trucks. They can run directly of of a 12s pack. I used the m8 brake holes to mount them. The way I did it, you need two extra m8 nuts to tighten the light onto the truck.

To mount them, I first tightened a nut against the mount, and then threaded a second nut on until it just barely got the first nut. Then I threaded the mount into the m8 brake holes, and once it was almost as far as it could go, and oriented correctly, I tightened the second nut down against the truck.

10 Likes

You could always trim the nose of the deck a little :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I wanna see some pics of this. I’ve had it in my cart and like the singular look but generally prefer rechargeable lights.

I have ones from @genex that mount on top of the trucks and are great but the deck got in the way and I was in a hurry so…

10 Likes

@NoWind

1 Like

You mean something like this:

We are in the last stage of testing the prototypes. Going to release those shortly…

32 Likes

That’s pretty rad.

5 Likes

Monster truck action!!!

4 Likes

I can say, that this frontlight is bright af.

3 Likes

Oh god that is sexy.

4 Likes

Hi, do you have a link to the led lamp you put on your beast? I’m also searching for a 12s led lamp to plug directly on my lipos…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IY3YLCI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_gZWjEbS9TN74F
Here you go.

thanks, but in the description it indicates :
Input Voltage: 9-30V DC (fits 12V, 24V vehicles)

it didn’t blow with your 12s pack?

Nope, other people also run these exact same lights on 12s.

I’m a fan of the simplicity of shredlights.
Props to @Jbev for making me think of using the m8 holes.
Just adapted shredlight mounts and bent them…
Probably can’t really run into anything with these but barring that I think they are going to stay on pretty well.

7 Likes

I found this light on Amazon for $15. It’s plenty bright and 2 should be more than sufficient. It doesn’t say how many lumens in the ad, but it is about the same as other mountain bike lights that are 3 times the price. Also, it is super solid, and heavy…all aluminum body. I retrofit it with a GoPro mount, however. I had to do a little surgery on it to make it work. But if you are mounting them onto your Matrix 2’s, the mount it comes with is perfect.

Here is the link: LZRYX Bike Light,USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set,8+ Hours Mountain Road Cycling Safety Commuter Flashlight with 3 Modes,High Waterproof Bike Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZ7MVFX/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_BuIFEbGGBPH5M
I also got a tail light. Also, very happy with this one. It’s only $10, and does the job perfectly. I did a little work on the mount to make this one fit on the back of the esc box. .(upload://1hok5uIhcnqtDZkWmNj6r14gS10.jpeg)
Here is the link: Bright USB Rechargeable Bike Tail Light - IPX4 Weatherproof Bicycle Rear Lights - Red Cycling Road Safety Back Helmet Light For All Bicycles & Scooters - 6 Flashing & Constant Modes - 180° Visibility https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JBZQL8V/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_1GIFEb65AY8TF
This is my first build. On the next one, I will mount 2 lights on the trucks. I was nervous about how much I was spending, and looking to save a few bucks here and there. I figured I had nothing to lose, because I could send them back. Now, I can’t see why I would spend so much more on “mountain bike” lights. I cannot see the difference. Good luck.

1 Like

So I wound up getting those lights to mount on the front truck. These are rated at 700 lumens each. They are larger than shred lights, but brighter, and have a comparable length before battery dies. I have Matrix 2 trucks, and there is no problem with clearance. $21.99 each, and comes with a tail light. They all have various pulsing functions, as well as the standard bright/med/low. Now I look like a rolling disco coming down the street. But imo, you can never be too safe.
Here is the link, and a few updated pics:
Volcano Eye Bike Light Set, USB Rechargeable 700 Lumen LED Bicycle Headlight and Taillight, Waterproof Bright Cycle Lights with 4 Lighting Modes, Easy Mount Front Cycling Light for Any Bikes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08214582D/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pN7KEb7YAJ4MC

5 Likes
1 Like

Is there a way to adjust the angle on them? Feel sturdy?

1 Like

Yes on the angle.
At least on the matrix trucks. You can just kind of spin them around.

On trampa trucks maybe not because the band has a corner to sit on them.

I am not so sure they are going to stay put…
They won’t fall off… But I expect them to maybe shift with the board hitting bumps.

1 Like