LHB - what is he even doing now

After you got the Kweld are you using that for these or the big unit?

1 Like

kweld on a 840 cca deep cycle marine battery. The sunstone has been super buggy, and i haven’t had time to troubleshoot it. It was free, so i can’t really complain about it’s fickleness. I think i may have just worn out the copper, so ibought new lead wire and some kweld tips to try on it. I just haven’t had time.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I’m tentatively planning on having four flux motion based builds ready for immediate sale sometime this spring. They will all be covered in oil slick and color shift finishes and chrome, run 14S packs and UBOX ESCs, and use MBS parts with moon gear drives. They will be completely outrageous.

Battery components and chargers and ESCs i still have to get cash for, I have the decks and enclosures, the motors are on the way, and the gear drives i ordered from moon are already lost in the UPS void of missing shipments and there’s an investigation open. 2021 is shaping up to be a bitch already.

12 Likes

this one came back for some basic maintenance, a fancier bms, and to get the settings cranked up a bit more.

9 Likes

This turned out better than expected.

12 Likes

Knowing how powerful those maytech motors are, this thing must be absolutely insane.

3 Likes

you would think. I felt like my RWD flux build was just as or more powerful. The ESCs are a limiting factor, and i don’t want to start a BLDC Sensored Hybrid vs Sensored FOC debate here but the maytech 100A vesc4 based ESCs in that WCS won’t run FOC without exploding.

6 Likes

Oh weird. Well as long as they enjoy it I guess

5 Likes

@longhairedboy sweet enclosure choice man !!!
What size S & P did you fit in there???
Would my 12S7P battery work with this enclosure as well ???

As we briefly discussed, would you be able to replace my 4 Maytech 100A VESC with 2 Unities if Provided you the units???

I got questions coming for a custom Flux build soon.

1 Like

Yes. But not Unities, get Xeniths.

I love building on that platform.

4 Likes

Also its worth mentioning that i would rather not start chopping RedEmber 44 enclosures to fit WCS boards on the regular. It works pretty well but emotionally it is painful in and from multiple dimensions.

6 Likes

Why the Moon Gears and not 3D Servisas?
What brand and size motors will you have on the Gear Drives??
Why UBOX and not Zennith as you advised?

I WANT 4WD with 3inch wide all-around ??

You can bill me for this consultation lol I am good for it???

3 Likes

Building a rational to justify this next purchase decision, a process you are familiar with LOL.
Also serves a talking points for when my wife asks me why I need another board, I can bring up the nerdy points.

1 Like

3 inch wide tyres?

2 Likes

using MBS trucks, and simpler assembly

mine. sealed 6374 with sensors.

because 14S

better hit up e-toxx for those sweet ass rims

6 Likes

Yes, 3" wide or 76mm tires on 3" hubs sit right in my mind.

1 Like

did three different plutoniums today. the last one was a 4WD AT:

12 Likes

Looks massive

1 Like

Its like the Range Rover of esk8.

5 Likes