LHB - what is he even doing now

Well Range Rover isn’t exactly known for reliability so I’m not sure it’s a great analogy :rofl:

5 Likes

Toyota 4Runner Trd pro, not Range Rover

5 Likes

I wasn’t gonna say anything, I was just gonna cry in the corner.

8 Likes

Yes, I’ve been a fool. TRD all the way. (i own a rav4 4wd, '09)

4 Likes

:rofl: I didn’t even think of that, at least he means tall smooth and AT

2 Likes

Somehow we’ll get through this.

3 Likes

Man !!! @longhairedboy I just looked at the Redember 44" and the enclosure, that is a sweet set up !!!
Can you transplant everything onto that deck/enclosure without any modification on the enclosure?
I am really digging the sweet Drop and that center bump, my feet can already feel it, @jamie no need to cry in a corner.

If that’s ok with your schedule @longhairedboy while you’re at it you could put in a Smart BMS for me and Fix the Battery readout issue on the Davega X unit.

Later on late spring onto summer id like to entertain a monster AWD Flux on Gears and 3" wide tires / wheels as you highlighted earlier.

3 Likes

Mine is the most reliable car so far (4 years in)! I think the myth that they’re unreliable was made up out of jealousy. Sure, having more movable parts you would think would make it prone to failure, but I use mine as an actual 4WD as well and it’s an absolute delight.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll DM ya! Thx!

1 Like

Of course. Its designed for a red ember 44. The reason i had to chop it on that other thing i did was because i was putting it on a deck it wasn’t designed for.

2 Likes

Ok, when can I ship it to you for all the upgrades?
Awaiting your schedule and permission.

FYI: I had ordered 2 Unities after the last repairs you performed on the Beast, way before BKB released the Zenith.
Would hate to lose money due to the communities boycott of a certain Enigma.

I lost faith in the MayTech ESCs since one of them failed your next upgrade would cover all the missing pieces and bug repair including the addition of a smart BMS.

1 Like

You want me to put that WCS on a redember 44 with a proper DS enclosure and two unities? Send it when you get the deck from RE. I’ll be out of the woods by then so we can do all of that fun stuff.

3 Likes

Total Noob question:

What is [quote=“longhairedboy, post:802, topic:37783”]
DS enclosure
[/quote] ? What does DS stand for and does Red Ember sell them ?

2 Likes

Double Stack. Means it’s two cells high, most recently it means the height of at least 2 21700 cells. Its an indication of potential battery size.

5 Likes

DS enclosure is the height of at least two 21700 cells plus wire plus a few layers of fishpaper and maybe a layer of thin foam and a nickel layer as well.

FTFY LOL

Don’t want anyone thinking 44mm high is enough… it’s not…

I hear Evolve likes to make those mistakes :rofl:

6 Likes

Good points all around.

3 Likes

Obviously I know that you know that, but everyone reading may not, and it seems to be a common mistake/oversight.

5 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous. Everyone knows what I know.

10 Likes

so the 3.3v and - on the comm port and the tx/rx near the pwm will get your davega running with an FS ESC dual 6.6 plus. i just soldered mine to the bottom of the pins.

a little dremel action will get that giant fucking button to fit on that Subsonic Century SS enclosure because why do they have such a giant fucking button … thanks again @BuildKitBoards for bringing the Xenith so i can stop using these now

orange sleeves for the totally bitchins on mini thanes

the new owner rode around the block on it with me for happy happy joy joy then fled the scene screaming “you rock” out of his car.

dammit i didn’t get pics of the bottom. just imagine a sexy bottom. sorry guys.

21 Likes

Beautiful. Popping the colors, I love it.
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes