LHB - what is he even doing now

I don’t pay them for customizations I can do myself. However i do use thier decks.

On urethane it would bee too low and sketch. I think a DS enclosure needs pneumatics anyway because stacking risers looks stupid and affects handling characteristics and also because you can still get 35 miles of range with a 12S5P 30Q pack on urethane, so if you’re going to double your pack anyway why not add tires.

9 Likes

Any pros on this deck and setup vs the LY Evo ??

This thing looks sweet !

2 Likes

Its not only sexier but its got a small amount of flex (you can dial that in on order), and its also got more foot space. The deck is wider, and i feel generally more comfortable for cruising.

3 Likes

that’s right! that looks sexy!
I saw on their custom order form. They are offering custom widths and length. I was thinking of ordering a century 40 a little longer and a little wider. like maybe 42" to 44" long and 10" to 11" wide? I’m tall with big feet…
IF I did this, what do you think would be a realistic timeline for getting an enclosure made to fit? like months or a years?
might be a cool build down the road…

4 Likes

ill just drop this here.

just thinking ahead. local to you.

3 Likes

@WAVMOB @BenChieffen you guys want another cool looking board check out Bioboards plutonium @longhairedboy is there usa battery builder :call_me_hand:

https://www.bioboards.se/product/bioboards-42-deck/

image image

4 Likes

If @eboosted doesn’t have an enclosure for it, I don’t build on it. To get him to build one that doesn’t exist, I’d have to order ten of them. That’s going to increase the cost of the build by well over a grand. Unless he’s at the point where he has just started making enclosures for stuff he knows will be desired.

4 Likes
1 Like

ya i agree it would have to be by @eBoosted. ok well something to think about. id do 2 or 3 but not 10.

1 Like

I’m already getting offers from friends on that evo you built. lol and its not for sale.

1 Like

ya that’s a sick setup! @eBoosted just made a ds stack enclosure for that deck too. See LHB put a huge 12s8p pack in that evo for me and i wanted to do the same on the next build too. ill figure out by the end of the week what I’m going to do next ,but I’m thinking flo green on everything including hellcat wides. i think those would be sooooo sick in a fluorescent color. now i need @longhairedboy to take all my monies.
its too bad you dont take dank flowers as payment…lulz

1 Like

Did you say green look at this LHB masterpiece :call_me_hand:
image image

4 Likes

ya thats a sexy bitch but @longhairedboy just built me the sickest evo! and its a monster. probably all my next builds will be on pneumatics though. and my evo will probably end up on bergs too

2 Likes

I can do a custom length 12s universal, because the shape of it is pretty standard, however making a custom Century or Evo will not yield to a good enclosure fitment at all and will cause headaches to the builder because it was not custom tailored.

Get a deck there is an enclosure for whenever you can, you will improve the overall quality of the final board by a lot

3 Likes

speaking of which…

i know this sounds crazy… but im getting better results with my new kweld than my sunstone.

should have dropped for this kit a long time ago.

using an 840 cold cranking amp deep cycle marine battery with it. this is .3 nickel and 50J lit that shit up. i had my sunstone cranked to 160 and wasn’t getting welds like this.

did a nickel to nickel test and almost burned a hole in my bench.

17 Likes

Kweld is bad to the bone man. I absolutely love mine. Honestly no reason to use anything else. Been considering buying the kcap so I never have to charge my lipos but the help provide that cable jumping bite.

3 Likes

Nice find…

1 Like

ok so i tried my sunstone cables, which are 1 meter long, with my kweld and set the cable length to one meter and got nothing. I wonder if the quirkiness with my sunstone recently was because of the cables.

2 Likes

Resistance welding. Long cables no resistance. I think.

Cables under high load also build resistance and break down. No idea how many welds you may have done with it, but there’s a possibility they just need to be replaced.

1 Like