Let there be ESK8 lights

If the 7000k cool white color is disagreeable to you, and the lights are bright enough that an ~10% output loss is acceptable, apply a layer of Kapton tape to the lenses.
When kapton tape.is placed on a halogen light lens, the color is very close to ‘selective yellow’ which is beneficial to the human eye for seeing properly in rain/fog.

Bluish light causes a lot of glare, screws with human eyeballs. People tend to think it is brighter, when it might not be.

The kapton tape deals with the heat, and can bee peeled off without leaving residue, so can be a worthwhile experiment.

6 Likes

These lights are cool

Aliexpress 90V light Universal mount (52.6 KB)

Mounts adapters I’ve designed so far:

ROSA (14.2 KB)

BN270 (14.7 KB)

22x22R6 (133.6 KB)

Matrix3 (29.6 KB)

Its all press fit and designed to be printed in stiff TPU. There is a hole in the base for a M5 grub screw to thread into the tpu and hopefully anchor it in place.

12 Likes

Looks nice, will order to try.
Any sparkies when turned on?

I haven’t experienced any

1 Like

How do you select low beam, hi beam etc.?

power on and off again until you get to the mode u want

1 Like

Printed and installed. Everything worked out except for the need for a very very minor correction. I will update the cad above shortly with an edit to indicate

5 Likes

lmao

9 Likes

Ugh I KNOW

Why call it a button!!!???

4 Likes

fidget feature?

1 Like

It’s not satisfying to press at all:/

3 Likes

frustration fidget feature

3 Likes

Stick a thumb tack inside it.

Then it will do something when you press it.

4 Likes

Lights have arrived and print is in progress, thanks so much for your work and documentation!

Got it all working however one downside is that when i charge the board the bms discharge turns on so lights go on while charging :frowning: . Gets rather hot and can’t turn it off. Not ideal.

If only that decorative button was an actual button :frowning: . If i had room i would have added a panel mount to physically unplug.

1 Like

Maybe try something like this

1 Like

I would do that, as I have the same issue as @Wasubot but I’m using the MakerX integrated power button, not a loopkey. I would have to install a separate loopkey just for the aux power.

Do neither. Just install and use the loop key. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe I just missed it but how do the lights turn on and off in the first place?

1 Like

Discharge setting on bms, however as circuit is on when charging you can’t turn this off during charge. I have a maker x antispark here so I might shove this inline. Not sure I really need to fiddle with software button and a hardware button (on maker x) but not sure how to get around that immediately.

Also I don’t have a p- pads only ch- on llt bms.

2 Likes