Let there be ESK8 lights

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLF2zgM

Dunno what the milage is like, will depend on how these batteries are wired, it could blast but only be good for 20 minutes… will test tonight with a 30 min run at 3am, will compare to SL1000

*edit SL1000 was noticeably brighter by the end of my ride with the torch not having the legs

3 Likes

@ShutterShock

Any updates on your lights?

Yep yep closer than ever. Working hard on getting the final updates pushed out for each of the mounts (there’s like 12 variants).

Website is pretty much done and working. Got some good feedback from some testers. Got a couple little stock things to order. Hoping to have an official forum post sometime in July to start “officially” selling them. I’m still handing out an order here and there for people that have helped me test, or have a new truck I’d designed for.

3 Likes

Will you be offering mounts for the BN 270s?

Also what voltage are the lights gonna run off?

I will be offering 270 mounts yep. Still working on the final version of those.

They work on anything from 12 to 80v.

1 Like

And will the mounting angle for the mounts be adjustable?

So theoretically I could run the lights off a 12v buck that I’m using for other lights?

1 Like

The angle is adjustable somewhat, if you purchase the additional angle adjustment kit.

And yep that would work. At 12v, a pair draws around 3a. Or you could run it straight off the battery.

I’m trying to decide what the best way will be to introduce the lights. I may make a short video describing how they work

3 Likes

What angles will the standard mounts be capable of?

Hmm. Well, each mount is designed for the truck specifically, with a general tilt towards 30 or 35 degree mounts, for all of the mtb ones.

Accounting for the angle of the trucks, and tilting the lights down, most of them are pointed 4.5 degrees down. I have some other angles available for if the user has a unique setup. +4.5 degrees more, and one that tilts it up 1.5 degrees.

For the BN mounts, I based it off a 50 degree truck angle, but like I said those are still somewhat in progress so I’m trying to figure out if further adjustment is required.

2 Likes

These aliexpress photos continue being ridiculous

:smile: yeah, their imagery and advertised lumens are laughable at best.

That particular torch blazes like mad running off 3 x 18650 batteries but not for very long, wouldnt want to do over 15km night ride on it (10km is my work run) but when its fresh the spread is awesome too, lights the whole width of the road.

1 Like

Damn this thread has gotten long since the last time i read it…
Hey @Venom121212 , what are you using?
I need to purchase lights for the DW mbs board

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks for the repost!

1 Like

I was using some generic rechargeable ones I made mounts for but then I swapped to moon’s matrix hanger and it didn’t fit so I’ve been lazy and only using my helmet light

1 Like

Yeah i meed something for matrix ll trucks.
Printed mounts? Lights i can get cheap in the mail?
Lots of traffic where ill be riding. Ive still got my old helmet mounted Light so i really just need lights for being seen.

1 Like

The link for the ones I had is dead but it was similar to this

Just wrapped them around the hanger and bolted through the brake hole with an m8 bolt

2 Likes

What angle do you guys mount your lights at?

Mine are mounted at about 5 degrees down - they have a pretty flat beam tho

2 Likes

Or you can get the x-adaptor and the x-mount
And it will look like this

2 Likes