Let there be ESK8 lights

pickatitty

4 Likes

Finally made some shredlight mounts for my Trampa bullbars.

I used to mount them right on the truck, but it’s was too low and the beam angle sucked.

3 Likes

clean, i would do the same if they werent hardwired

1 Like

So for these lights to be hardwired, can I run them at 12V? I need them to run at the same voltage as my underlight led strip…!
Any other suggestions for 12V front and rear lights?

So I got this guy to get the 12V for my lights:

I’m planning on using a 3way(on-off-on) switch after it to be able to have front&back lights on or front&back + underglow led strip disco mode🤣

So the question is, do I hardwire the buck convertor to the battery (I dont want another switch for it), or use an xt60 inside the enclosure in order to be able to disconnect it for long periods and not kill my battery?
And what about sparking when I connect it? I read about it here… Any chance of it harming the buck (or most importantly) my battery?

1 Like

How are you powering your ESC? Are you using a loopkey or some active switch mechanism?

No loopkey. I relly on my Unity powered straight from the battery through an XT90s.

1 Like

You may find the Universal Power Switch (UPS) useful. It was made so that you can power other devices like lights on/off automatically at the same time as the Unity. I dont have any in stock at the moment but I should be restocking soon

4 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty cool! Is there a thread for that thing? Can it work with a stormcore? Does it use CAN-bus?

3 Likes

So if I get this right, I can connect my three way switch where the TTL module would be (as the schematic shows) and run my lights only when the Unity is switched on.
And when it’s off, there is no current draw from my battery?
Looks very promising!

2 Likes
5 Likes

People who timestamp videos are the best people :star_struck:

7 Likes

There isnt a thread since I made it specifically for the TTL kits at first. I decided to sell it separately later on and I guess it may be helpful to male a thread now.

No, it uses the battery output from the ESC to control the on/off state since that output is switched on/off with the ESC power.

I dont have one to verify, but it should be able to work with stormcores since they have a battery output for battery guages

That is exactly right! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Do you have any indication when it will be available again?
And those are xt30 connectors, correct?
I will use an xt30 connection as a manual plug in plug out switch for longer periods of not using the board and when it gets back in stock, I can simply connect it there!

2 Likes

I should have 10 more built in the next week or so. I just need to get a few consecutive hours to dedicate to the assembly.

3 Likes

I just finished building 10 units and updated the stock on my site :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just received the UPS and I have two questions:

1. According to the schematic, I connect the unity to the jst connector on the “OUT” side. Correct? And does polarity mater?
  2. Do I have to have a voltage monitor for the UPS to work? Or I can just connect it to the Unity with the jst connector and I’m ok?
2 Likes

Sorry I missed your DM. Ill respond here in case this is helpful information to anyone else as well.

1. For the control signal and voltage monitor (JST connectors) it actually doesnt matter which side you plug each into. Those ports are wired in parallel so you can connect in the most convenient way for your build. Polarity does not matter either. I have + and - marked on the board as a suggestion but they do not need to be followed.

2. You do not need a voltage monitor for the UPS to work. The second JST is just there to allow the use of a voltage monitor since the UPS takes up the port on the ESC.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Been rocking the right for a few years. “Upgrading” to the left. Not because its necessary as left have done it good. But little more light wouldn’t hurt and some of the left led´s rattles.

Need a little adjustment in the holder but not as much as I thought.

6 Likes