Let there be ESK8 lights

really? 360mAh per day means 2520mAh per week. About half a cell. My battery will be 4.8Ah*16p = 77Ah lets round to 60Ah with my cut-offs. That would mean it drains 0.6% per day or 4% per week. Thats fine with me. Id probably charge it once a week while active and in winter I can set the bms cut-off voltage to 3.6V for storage and it wont drain?

3 Likes

I have a missile lock switch on my 16S board to run my lights, when the missile lock cover is down it locks the switch in the off position. SO no accidental turning on my lights in the back of the car and killing my battery.
It switches the 72V on and off to the 5 & 12V buck.

I use the 15amp variety.

4 Likes

That is epic! I will definitely go with this! I think I will install this but not actually use it because the converter doesnt drain much battery imo.

Ahh…big pack. Yea, that makes a difference as long as you are regularly charging the pack. :grin:

As long as the BMS is set up to actually cut off the current to the DC-DC converter(s) then it’s okay.

1 Like

How do I ensure this? Its nothing with the BMS just my wiring you mean? This is the BMS I was thinking of ordering: Smart 7S ~ 20S ANT Lifepo4 li ion Lipo LTO Battery Protection Board BMS 400A 300A 100A 80A Bluetooth APP 10S 13S 14S 16S Balance|Battery Accessories| - AliExpress 7S to 16S 320A

1 Like

I don’t know anything about that BMS…sorry. It’s mostly in the way everything is wired together. Any BMS that shuts off at a decent low voltage cutoff point will be okay.

I’m a big fan of using a good physical disconnect though since you are otherwise depending on both the BMS and you keeping the pack charged enough all year.

3 Likes

For the 6 channel relay, I can either get a 433mhz or 315mhz remote. Which one should I get to minimize the interference with my esc remote? The esc (ubox) uses a 2.4Ghz reciever I believe?

Are you using the Ubox remote?

1 Like

yes. How important would it be to put the relay far from the esc to avoid interference? The remotes will be stuck together to form one remote though. Like it would be a lot of work but I could put the relay on the other end of the board.

The Ubox remote has a headlight switch already. You can simply use a MOSFET to turn your buck converter on and off with that remote.

2 Likes

That sound like a great idea! Then everything can be controlled by the esc! I have no idea how to use a MOSFET but its a nice sounding word. This mosfet will act as a single relay switch? Will it be okay that it will be controlling/passing through 60v and using the 12v esc output as the switch?

Side turn indicators can be done with ball bearing or mercury tilt switch they switch 12v no issues. As you tilt left the left tilt switch engages triggering left indicators. It’s a bit low rent compared to microcontroller s and accelerometers but it works.

1 Like

Thats cool and I think you mean like this right? 16s flux deck build - #5 by Ean.esk8 I prefer not to do it this way as I want to signal I am turning before I tilt, without tilting. Like say at a stop sign or the thing is I also pull away from the turn to have a better angle before I turn. I prefer a button for the turn signal but I want an automatic brake light.

1 Like

It does a similar thing to what a relay does, except without wasting energy on a coil, and without moving parts.

1 Like

Like these?

They flash but as you decelerate the go hard on…

3 Likes

The mosfet uses idle energy though? Can I just add a 2nd relay switch to the ubox? Would this work? I am having a hard time finding a single relay for 60v most of them are 30v dc with 10a and 12v controlling. High quality Car Auto Relay With Relay Socket DC 12V 60V 80A 5Pin Waterproof Car Relay|Relays| - AliExpress If I were to use a mosfet, is this okay? 10pcs IRF3205 IRF3205PBF MOSFET MOSFT 55V 98A 8mOhm 97.3nC TO 220| | - AliExpress How would I connect the +ve/-ve of the battery and the +ve/-ve of the esc switch with the 3 pins?

Are you going to embed a arc -reactor into the deck?

1 Like

Yes this is the same as the bike one. I want it without the battery so i can connect it to my esk8 battery

1 Like

I am going to connect it like this: 16s flux deck build - #16 by Ean.esk8

2 Likes

Has there been any sort of consensus or highly recommended front lights for mountainboarding, which are perfect for attaching to a bull bar? I just received a bull bar set from Trampa and am in the market for a strong/powerful light coming from my bull bar which will thus allow me to finally add my davega where my previous light solution was.

1 Like