16s flux deck build

Kapton tape is not abrasion resistant, you want fish paper

2 Likes

also did a light panel, which can controlled by spintend vesc (connected 12v extend port )

14 Likes

You really know how to make an entrance.

8 Likes

not kapton tape, I was using high temperature double side thermal conductive adhesive tape…

1 Like

Couldn’t find pictures for light panel, but basically it just a light panel under the griptape, with cutted patterns.

6 Likes

here is how to operate the pattern lights

8 Likes

How did you put the griptape on and have it be flat?

that light panel are really thin, stick the light panel first, then cover the rest by using griptape.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the light panel? And what did you make the graphic out of? So you don’t even notice any slight bumps? I am planning an iron man theme and I was going to go with a custom griptape and have the arc reactor in the middle but I guess I’ll cut out the arc reactor griptape and it would be so cool if I could put this led under it!

5 Likes

Those turning lights are genius! The flexible LED side-strip also looks amazing next to the contour of the deck. Well done, this is great inspiration! :smiley:

1 Like

Can you post a link to these switches?

3 Likes

damn, that’s a fine looking build :drooling_face:

3 Likes

here the link,
8.0信MonHcxujASC微 https://m.tb.cn/h.49by6Dq?sm=14eff7 可裁剪EL冷光片LED发光片冷光板定制异型发光灯片超薄发光板背光

I got a sticker put up on the light penel, also cutted griptape with sticker’s shape.

7 Likes

I brought those switch from local electronics stores :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You cut out the deck so the light panel would sit flush?

according to that taobao link, the light panel is only 0.3mm thick, its pretty much unoticeable i guess unless u look really close

3 Likes

haven’t cut out the deck, light panel are quite thin…unnoticeable if covered griptape. also it are cuttable, u can cut the light panel into the shape u want to to reduce the noticeable bump.

3 Likes

Yeah the light panel looks think but the connectors look bulky

1 Like

as long as u can supply anywhere between 3 to 24v, then u can do what he did

4 Likes

there also a huge power adapter to support the light panel :rofl::rofl:.

1 Like