Let there be ESK8 lights

I love how it has Input+, Input-, Input+, Input-

:rofl:

So clear on how to connect it :hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

For those using HyBeams or similar lights

Huge upgrade with these lens, a bit of cutting and sanding needed, plus a 3D printed spacer

@Mainflow

Dumb q, which is before and after?

Second picture is after, much more uniform, and more import, no light wasted on the sky and people eyes

2 Likes

I like blending people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me too, but I did it to myself way too many times while walking around the board :crazy_face:

I’ll print something like that

2 Likes

Link to those deflectors/lens?:grin:

1 Like

I tried that, doesn’t work, the path the light rays follow makes so that when you block it from going up, it reduces a lot of the light on the ground, try with a piece of cardboard

@PixelatedPolyeurthan https://www.ledsupply.com/led-optics/10003-l25-carclo-lens-20mm-elliptical-spot-led-optic

1 Like

Super hot pink condoms reflectors?

1 Like

Yeah, @Pedrodemio I meant those ones :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Welp. I blowed the buck and it killed the lights with it. I didn’t thought about fusing or a tvs because of my antispark with the inrush current limiting. Fuck my stupid brain. Another 120 down the drain and it worked. :sob:

3 Likes

Damn

What happened? If the leds survived you may use them still

I think I have two spare driver boards, but no way to ship internationally for now

1 Like

Welp… V1 of my mount died 5 miles into its first ride. V2 is printed out, but my little converter also died on the first ride. Any suggestions for the circuit board? I’m gonna have to just get a replacement - at least it was only 8 bucks

Should I just cover it in HMA? It did get quite hot so I would imagine the HMA would melt again when it’s in use.

3 Likes

I got this one that was already all potted and stuff so it seems good for vibration, hoping it proves to be indestructible.

Bit larger then yours I suppose, not clear in the pic where yours was stuffed.

1 Like

I designed it into the mount, it was only 48x24x14mm

1 Like

no other pics of it in the thread sorry, you mean the light mount to the deck I guess though.

Oh yeah I didn’t share any other pictures except for this one, the converter is in the light mount which mounts to the truck

1 Like

Pot that sucker in some epoxy.

Break out all the wires (and maybe the pots too), build a mold/box/dam around it and fill 'er up!
(probably on of the few places I would NOT recommend using JB weld, even if if is theoretically nonconductive.)

2 Likes

I can’t disagree with what Ryan said, but I have been using those same parts in ultra-high vibration environments for a long time and never had that happen. I do always seal them with something though, usually acrylic.

2 Likes