Let there be ESK8 lights

lol, well, I didn’t technically set up the micro. @clonkex over on the old forum did the brain work, I just soldered and plugged and tested.

3 Likes

Google Photos

Put it on with buck converter dropping voltage to 5V so far so good.

@ZachTetra progress on yours?

2 Likes

Not yet, I’ve been waiting on a replacement step down since the last 2 I got came dead. Also recovering from a helmet only crash at 20mph so I’ll be taking it easy and not holding small things for a while

2 Likes

I had a drill fall on my leg at work 2 months ago…I’m at the opposite end. I’m not able to lift heavy stuff(which includes my trampa build :stuck_out_tongue: ) hope you’ll get better. You’re putting the step down in an enclosure under board? Or the one I have would fit your needs?

2 Likes

I tried the small 10a PCB style ones and they died, gonna get the fixed voltage heat sink ones and mount it external (it’s waterproof)

That was my second option when I was looking around

2 Likes

Do they have 5v ones?

Edit: apparently the beefy heat sink one is cheaper, just need to find space for it

1 Like

How many volts input?

12s li ion, so at least 50v

1 Like

Would the extra .4 be a risk on a 50v regulator?
Also, would 3a output be sufficient?

The underglow runs at 9A supposedly

Wait what? How??
I just tested 144pixels and got only a draw of .73a

Hmm…it says 43W at 5V

Edit: haven’t tested the amp draw since my multimeter is half blown

1 Like

Mine or yours?

1 Like

The lights I bought are listed as pulling 43W of power at full brightness, and I can’t test the actual draw without a new multimeter

Okay well mine are rated the same. You putting in how many pixels?

1 Like

2 strands of 72, 500mm each

1 Like

Basically 1 meter of 144 XD
I had a chat with @MysticalDork about this 3 days ago. I’m planning on 2 meters and this is what he comes up with:

Oh that’s amps into the step down