Let there be ESK8 lights

That sounds like a possibility for the light to turn with the friction from the hangar

Btw @ZachTetra @Venom121212 I’d suggest grabbing a picoswitch so you can turn it on or off on the fly with the 2nd channel

2 Likes

I wish I had a remote with a second channel

1 Like

I’m getting a mini remote and an Arduino for the underglow

2 Likes

@ZachTetra wouldnt the bluetooth module I have be easier to use? Unless theres something specific you want it to do?

1 Like

Gonna match throttle input and accelerometer data to run the underglow and use the remote wheel to dial the headlight voltage

1 Like

What kind of mount do you use on the front, and to what the leds are connected to? I was going to buy the same type of headlight, but I don’t know if using the provided rubber band would be a good idea or not as it seems pretty weak to vibrations.

Hmm I have a mini but haven’t considered using the thumb wheel as an on off. I feel like the headlight would default to off in center position.

I have those lights and they are amazing! I am running it directly off my 12s pack no problem.

2 Likes

Yeah I was gonna remove the spring and stuff if possible, maybe make a new case but not sure

1 Like

Keep me posted. I’ve been curious about using that mini channel for my TTL light system.

These are 3d printed mount, i think i found them a few month ago on thingiverse

1 Like

Really? I was planning on using the step down converter, but I might not if they work fine on 12s.

1 Like

That lights description says it’s only up to 24v.

I wonder if it’s good up to 60 but they only put the more common ones on there

The thing says 8v to 60v…it gets brighter at higher voltage

1 Like

Yes I plugged it in to my charge port so I cab remove it easy when not needed…is it the 20w version?

Yeah, I tested it yesterday. The headlight work great on 12s, but the taillight got way to hot, so I think I’ll just use the step down converter for both.

Ya I don’t have a taillight so maybe it can’t handle the high voltage.

1 Like

So I mounted the lights. They came with m8 bolts which was a fantastic coincidence. I just needed m8 nuts to tighten them down. I tightened one nut against the mount, and the other against the truck once the mount was in the right place. Seems sturdy, but I did lose some ground clearance(which might be a big deal because I plan on doing some offroading).

2 Likes

How are the mounts holding up for you. Did they have any problems with vibrations causing failure?

2 Likes

So far fine but I haven’t veen riding at night since its freezing out where I live so I have it off atm.