Let there be ESK8 lights

13 Likes

Slenderman has new gear :rofl:

2 Likes

Look behind you…

2 Likes

Nope nope nope…got paper…nope nope nope…not happening…

6 Likes

On a real note though, I wear those pants every day on my commute. They dont replace lights, as they only light you up if you are in direct light (i.e. in a car’s headlights, so not if you are coming from the car’s side), but they definitely help. They are also waterproof, so i dont show up to work soaked from the tits down.

The jacket I bought mostly as a joke to complete the outfit :wink:

2 Likes

I used to use that light, but the capacitor wires kept shorting and blowing the board. I went through 3 of them before I gave up. It probably works a helluva lot better on your board with your pneumatics. The meepo that I had at the time had a rough ride and the vibration just destroyed these lights. SUPER bright though. I loved it when it worked.

2 Likes

12 Likes

The 60v lights from Amazon can be bolted directly to the MBS Matrix baseplates…I love that so much. Splitter with a toggle switch from the battery to this guy

6 Likes

Do you have a link?

$20 bucks, pretty decent quality

Led Light Bar Slim 6.5 Inch, 40W Work Light Off Road Driving Lights Combo Spot Flood Single Row Pods Fog Lights For Motorcycle Motorbike Cars Trucks Off Road Jeep ATV SUV 4x4 Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Z7QNM7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OqJ1Db5AZRXHJ

2 Likes

5 Likes

@ZachTetra you like it? It makes night rides so much more fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I loved it the one night I had it running all those weeks ago in summer, it’s really nice quality for the price

1 Like

Awesome! Can you share a bit more on how it bolts directly? I have the metal baseplates

Sure, you know the axle that bolts the hangar onto the baseplate? You can take it out and stick it through the bracket for the light so when you assemble the truck, the bracket is clamped in place, centered and about 5” off the ground, then reconnect the light (use nylock nuts)

Sits in the perfect spot with no mods and about 5 minutes of work :grin:

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for the deets my dude.

You using a step converter or raw battery voltage?

1 Like

Raw off the 10s pack which is the beauty of this thing, I have a parallel splitter so it pulls off the pack before the loopkey. Will go to 12s eventually

It draws constant .67 amps at any voltage if I remember correctly

1 Like

Planning on mounting these when I get home. Probably going to use the brake mount holes on my matrix IIs to mount the front lights.

3 Likes

Just a heads up, those are M8 bolts you will need for the brake holes.

2 Likes

Yeah think I have a some, my boards not going to be ready anytime soon though, so I’m not in a rush anyway.