Let there be ESK8 lights

Does any of that affect the other channels?

1 Like

But the induction loop WILL fall off the PCB so you have to hot snot or silicone it in place or the thing will die, easy fix if you know in advance, absolute pain to figure out when it died after 60 feet of rolling on bricks

2 Likes

Nope, they’re independent.

2 Likes

I did this mod and rode with it for two years, I liked it a lot. Surprisingly comfortable

2 Likes

Hahaha. I had that fear too. The whole board was hanging off the balcony :joy:

1 Like

Just a follow up post about my lights

1 Like

Dood and oh boi they’re bright. A car went flashing, because I blended him.

7 Likes

High Current Buck with constant current…

I love how it has Input+, Input-, Input+, Input-

:rofl:

So clear on how to connect it :hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

For those using HyBeams or similar lights

Huge upgrade with these lens, a bit of cutting and sanding needed, plus a 3D printed spacer

@Mainflow

Dumb q, which is before and after?

Second picture is after, much more uniform, and more import, no light wasted on the sky and people eyes

2 Likes

I like blending people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me too, but I did it to myself way too many times while walking around the board :crazy_face:

I’ll print something like that

2 Likes

Link to those deflectors/lens?:grin:

1 Like

I tried that, doesn’t work, the path the light rays follow makes so that when you block it from going up, it reduces a lot of the light on the ground, try with a piece of cardboard

@PixelatedPolyeurthan https://www.ledsupply.com/led-optics/10003-l25-carclo-lens-20mm-elliptical-spot-led-optic

1 Like

Super hot pink condoms reflectors?

1 Like

Yeah, @Pedrodemio I meant those ones :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Welp. I blowed the buck and it killed the lights with it. I didn’t thought about fusing or a tvs because of my antispark with the inrush current limiting. Fuck my stupid brain. Another 120 down the drain and it worked. :sob:

3 Likes