Let there be ESK8 lights

Holy fuck I need those NOW

3 Likes

Do you have a link to those?

1 Like

#Aliexpress AU $48.05 30%OFF | Electric Scooter Light Angel Wing Light E Scooter Decoration Spot Light with USB Port for Electric Skateboard Hoverboard Scooter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6wCBMJ

IRL they are a bit dim.

4 Likes

Reviving again. Anyone else out there using lights directly connected to the main battery?

Looking for something a little narrower than 6 inches that I can run at 10S. 4 would be great

i have 80v esooter lights and a 7 amp 5V buck to drive ws8218s RGB lights, esp32 and angel lights and phone charger

2 Likes

@T-Nomad and any others following my helmet light struggle, I accidentally discovered something useful today…

The 3 pronged baseplate of the lamp comes off for a much nicer and cleaner fit!

I was about to snap the clip off for a smaller and smoother surface when I tried this out:

It’s completely invisible from my view, allows full visor functionality, and isn’t too heavy to where I can’t reposition the visor.

New plan is to drill one bolt through the clip and visor for extra security. Probably going to throw a wing nut on top for easy removal but I could also just remove the whole visor.

Unfortunately the back of my helmet has some extreme curves to it so the battery pack will go on top behind the go pro mount.

Inside of battery pack because why not

Everyone lives a shiny probe

7 Likes

Great success! Didn’t have a wing nut for easy removal so a lock nut for now. I used velcro on the battery pack so I can remove it if I need to. I wanted the pack on the back because of the little red light but I figured on top is safer from smashing my head and breaking it. I have yet to fall on the top of my head. Yet.

Pumped to have an actually helpful light while riding at night. Board head lights are great for a few yards in front of you and for being seen by cars but this will add on to the safety factor.

Hell, I’d still be interested in a light attachment for my remote after mine popped off

4 Likes

Mate that looks rad I want that helmet and light. But ditch those yumcha 18650s drop in som 30Q or panos

1 Like

Just in case anyone is interested, it’s a solid helmet for the price and the light is bright, easy to zoom, and solidly build metal framed. Not too heavy either, I don’t notice a difference or off balance.

Helmet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079XPTWGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_C3cwEbCD1BPDN

Light

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXBC6J9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_F4cwEbT7BXPPW

3 Likes

Just for better sag resistance? Maybe a bit brighter?

You sir are a living legend…
My wife bought me some new sunnies this week.

I have to fight my 6 year old for them.

4 Likes

Shmow zow those are sweet glasses. Lmk if you recall where you bought them… I know a guy who might like them.

I think she got them from a thrift shop for $2.

1 Like

hmmm I’m not getting notification on this thread…anyway, sorry for the later reply on this. Mine had those rails/grill marks as well, what I did was cut little strips of the foam double sided tape and stuck them to the grooves, then I put on a full strip of tape. It’s been solid so far!

1 Like

For a light, I’d use Samsung 50E

2 Likes

please explain reasoning B

1 Like

They are a higher capacity but lower discharge. On a light, the lower discharge I think is probably okay?

Depends on your current draw needs.

On a skate motor, high-drain is more import methinks.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar enough with what a higher discharge cell would do in a light. The light doesn’t have a programmable light controller AFAIK so would a higher discharge even make it brighter?

No, it would not make it brighter.

2 Likes

Led drivers are typically constant current and variable voltage, so battery voltage can impact brightness not output current

4 Likes