Let there be ESK8 lights

I’m putting it on lacroix mounts, so I’m throwing away the bike seat mount part.

3 Likes

I have these. The automatic braking isn’t 100% perfect but it works well enough. I lost one on a ride once, it stormed all night, and I went back and found the light the next morning and it still worked.

5 Likes

I got one in bar form: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801183744532.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.55.2d991802bu8Cso&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

FYI.

how’d you go about mounting it?

2 Likes

I got a kicktail by the way.

1 Like

How did you do the kicktail light?

It’s not a light per se. I just made the tail puck out of translucent plastic.

The tail puck is a wear item; I expect it to get scratched and worn down eventually. In which case, I can just make a new one easily and cheaply. I can also use any light (within reason) with it. Clear plastic, sanded to smoky and it will diffuse light into the width of the puck.

6 Likes

I got these lights off amazon to replace my broken stock lacroix lights (thank you to the seller for shipping the board with zero packaging)

These lights are fantastic. They are bright, have a bunch of light modes, and the automatic brake function works well. I compared them to the rockbros brake lights, and these are brighter.

Anyway, they are 50% off right now at $12.50 each, so go snag some if you need brake lights.

Amazon.com : BSSOK Smart Bike Tail Light | Ultra Bright Bicycle Brake Light | Bicycle Rear Lights | Super Sensitive Auto On/Off | USB Rechargeable IPX6 Waterproof | Night Riding Red Safety Warning Back Light : Sports & Outdoors

5 Likes

Are the battery runtimes listed by the seller accurate in your experience?

I can report back how many miles required to the first charge. I’ve been using them in day riding too, because there’s a lot of cars around here.

1 Like

If you can be patient or want extras…

US $5.78 41%OFF | XLITE100 Flashlight for Bicycle Auto Start/Stop Brake Sensing IPx6 Waterproof USB Charging LED Tail Taillight For Bike Light
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNu4xEq

@b264 I can confirm that I get about 12 hours of full brightness usage from them

3 Likes

Wow, so significantly less than the 11 hours they claim

edit: this was a typo

Good find!

2 Likes

Really good find! Too bad the battery life is so short.

It is when I fatfingered 12 hours :rofl:

2 Likes

didn’t mean to post as a reply

This is my first full diy board. I unfortunately don’t have any space in my enclosure for a step down buck so I had to go with something that could handle the voltage.
Sadly I could not find many lights that could handle 12s but this is what I’ve found. Set up to be wired to my BMS’s discharge and a latching 48v led switch.
I have to replace my BMS and the newer one has a terminal for a power switch, so I’m thinking about hooking the switch to the BMS since discharge is by passed but I’m not totally sure if/how this might effect things.

6" 40W Cree LED Light

1 Like

Did you do anything in particular to mount them that way? Buying a set rn

I used the stock lacroix hypertruck mounts. If I was mounting on another deck, I would probably try to use a bracket with the deck bolts

How does the brightness compare to the SL-R1?