Tayto Tail Guard

yes

I actually have a spare one of these, but something doesn’t sit right with me using a Boosted part on a non-Boosted board :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s awesome, I unfortunately do not have a 3d printer though

Well there dead so what wrong with the pillaging the corpse a little :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

I use a piece of translucent plastic so that it also acts as a diffuser for a tail light. I also have a layer of hot glue on the actual edge so that it doesn’t slide when it’s leaning against a wall (e.g. in the train or in a pub). Both get worn but the idea is they’re easily replaceable.

6 Likes

Do you have the STL file for this by any chance?

1 Like

Amazing, do you have more pictues of this build?

1 Like

I can send it to ya later.

is it possible to print it in clear? maybe i should “upgrade” my tayto :joy:

If you find a semi translucent filament? Probably.

1 Like

then I need to find some company in HK to do it, also shoot me the file please. I will see if anyone in HK is willing to do it in clear :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the skid plates here. Surely one of these would work? But I am not sure how to measure and estimate.

1 Like

It’s just a BKB Tayto with customizations. The tail pick is just screwed onto the tail and the light is just an iwonder skateboard light.

1 Like

thread is making me want a tayto :crazy_face:

@kfred @frame

Again full disclosure: I have not yet printed it fully nor did i mount it.

Tayto tail guard.stl (70.8 KB)

4 Likes

Has anyone tested it?

2 Likes

Nah, but I need one, will print up later tonight.
Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

Haven’t tested or installed yet but I have one and the measurements are great. I have no reason to suspect any issues.

Profile is good! I would go a little thicker but leave the screws where they are so they’re inset to allow some wear b4 it reaches the screws.

1 Like