Let me tell you a story about my Boardnamics experience.

Hey there, thanks for stopping by. I am just a normal guy living in a shithole called Serbia. I love esk8, and I love some of the USA stuff thats not easily available in the country where I live.

Whad do I do? I ask some of the American members to act as a forwarder and do me a huge favour collecting numerous stuff and ship it all together back to me. I won’t name the guy, if he wants to do it, he will (Thanks again… A lot.).

To make this short as possible, many things have arrived to his place. All is good, I am really happy.

Thats where this story really starts. I have made an order for a pair of adjustable baseplates, a pair of trucks and some motor pullies from a, to my understanding, well known vendor in this hobby called @Boardnamics

Bellow you will see a ongoing journey with the Boardnamics, and Kevin as it happened.

DAY 1

- Order Placed - Immediately realised that I’ve fucked up the address
 - Contacted BN - Hey I’ve probably entered a wrong address could you please check, here is a correct one.
 - BN confirming that all is good, confirming the new, correct address.

DAY 3 - ( 2 Days later )

- I am sending a short question if everything is fine?
- Yup, all good just waiting for the baseplates to arrive.

DAY 16 - ( 13 Days later )

- I am asking if any ETA is available?
- Response - 3 Days from now
- I am happy, asking if it could be then shipped during the next week
- Yes!

DAY 22 - ( 6 Days later )

- Have you shipped it?

DAY 23 - ( 1 Day later )

- Not, yet

DAY 24 - ( 1 Day later )

- Can I add 2 motor plates to the order?
- Yes
- Awesome, when are you shipping it all?
- Well, I have some but those are reserved (adjustable baseplates from the first order, that is)… So 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY
- Wtf, you said you have them ready to shipped to me days ago…. Can I get split fixed baseplates and forget the adjustable so I dont have to wait?
- Yes
- You can ship it soon, you have everything in stock?
- Yes
- Awesome.

DAY 27 - ( 3 Days later )

- Is the package shipped?
- It is now
- Can I get tracking number?

DAY 36 - ( 9 Days later )

- Tracking number please?
- I am out of stock with fixed baseplates too.
- WTF? How do you manage to confirm items on stock, and then you ran out of them days later after I have paid for those things…

DAY 39 - ( 3 Days later )

- I am waiting for the adjustable baseplates then
- Ok

DAY 41 - ( 2 Days later )

- Any ETA?
- Soon

DAY 43 - ( 2 Days later )

- Any ETA (I saw a post on this forum by Kevin showing that the items have arrived)? 
- I can ship today
- Awesome, please dont forget the motor mounts, and here is a correct address once again.
- OK

DAY 49 - ( 6 Days Later )

- Have you shipped it?
- YES, here is a tracking No.

DAY 59 - ( 10 Days later )

- Hey, it still states its just label created, nothing is shipped yet?

DAY 60 - ( 1 Day later )

- It has been shipped yesterday

DAY 62 - ( 2 Days later )

- Hey I’ve checked the tracking. It states that the package is returning back to you!?
- Oh yes, you have sent me the wrong address number
- WTF I have told you numerous times the correct address and you have confirmed that is the one you will send it to.
- Can you reship it once returned?
- Yes

DAY 69 - ( 7 Days later )

- I have resent it. Can we split the shipping cost?
- I, in my mind “Why the hell should i pay for your mistake…”  but nevermind…. Yes we can split the shipping

DAY 75 - ( 6 Days later )

- Package arrives at the destination, but you can guess… 2 parts missing - the motor mounts
- Uhm, you havent sent the motor mounts I have paid for.
- Oh, oops. Let me fix that

DAY 80 - ( 5 Days later )

- Hey, have you shipped the motor plates?

Today is day 81, still no answer, and I had enough…… 62 DAYS AFTER I WAS PROMISED THAT THE ITEMS ARE ON STOCK AND WILL BE SHIPPED

I was really, really reluctant to write this. I know how business can be. I ran a company myself, and I know that my order is not a big one (around 200$). But this is not a way how to treat your customers. I have no bad intentions, I would really love that every esk8 company succeed.

I am writing this hoping that this will shake you up a bit. Maybe to reconsider how you run things, maybe hire someone to help you… I don’t know… But, enough is enough. I havent even had a chance to try any of the product you make, and I already feel bad that I will have to. You are ruining one of the things I enjoy most in life. Please stop.

39 Likes

Kevin is in over his head I think. Love the guy, but his stuff is really really high quality and too cheap IMO.

He needs to raise his prices and hire someone for logistics. Period.

19 Likes

Welp. The Boardnamics stock issues have come to bite him

It’s tough being one guy and having to deal with all this - I imagine you may have ordered between shipments or something

Forgetting to put parts in is kind of dumb, sorry you had this experience lol

As far as the shipping goes, international shipping is annoying and expensive

3 Likes

average boardnamics customer service interaction tbh

most times when I order from him, something’s missing. I pin a message with everything I need from him and there are things missing anyways :rofl:

its unfortunate, but he barely has enough time to run his business. you shouldnt have split shipping with him, thats on him.

16 Likes

I understand that, thats why I was very, very cooperative.

It’s not international. All of the items were shipped to the USA, from where it would be forwarded with other things to me. So no international shipping from Kevins side.

I get it, but on the other hand, why should I or anyone else care? Splitting wasnt big, 5$ I think, and I still haven’t paid for it… Totally forgot about it, I’ll do it now.

5 Likes

Oh right.

4 Likes

You were very. This is on Kevin. The mistake wasn’t on your order, the mistake was the way he runs this very very successful and well-regarded company.

Respect to Kevin, because he’s doing way better at running a startup than 70% of people running a startup.

4 Likes

Exactly, I really want him to have a great future… Btw I hope you got the zESCs

1 Like

Something should still change though, he’s been hounded about promptness with shipping many times in the past

Whether or not he has the parts in hand or not

4 Likes

Kevin is too big for his britches as they say. His products are awesome. That’s why they’re so popular. That’s why demand is so high. He’s an excellent designer.
He’s not so good at running a business. Which, as a student and also a relatively new entrepreneur, isn’t surprising at all. But Kev, my man, you need a partner. Either an “angel investor” type, but that’s unlikely, or just someone to run the logistics side.
Conclusion: Kevin designs excellent parts, and needs an equally excellent business manager or these problems will continue to be commonplace, which will continually shrink his faithful customer base.

8 Likes

@KaramQ get to work

3 Likes

LOL yes involve the other under 20 yr old who is also doing college in the business

Kai pretty much got the point though

5 Likes

I totally agree. I wouldn’t be buying his stuff if I was thinking those are bad items. As strange as this sounds, I really want him a successful business. But its not all done once the products are made.

I think no one here is having some extreme expectations from vendors, this hobby of ours have learned us so many times to not expect wonders. But there has to be a bottom line, and for me he has crossed it.

9 Likes

Come the fuck on. You all have to stop babying him just because he is “young” and “doing this in his spare time from school”. It takes more than items to keep a business going and people are still being screwed by him. I like the guy as well but you gotta stop defending him for that. He will get there one day but until th`en people are still waiting 90 days for stuff.

Kev you need to get your shit together. I’ve seen so many people with the same problems from you. Missing items or shittier than shit communication. Someone needs to be keeping up with communication and shipping and it hasn’t been happening for a few years and it is far from acceptable.

I don’t know how you’ve gotten this far. Oh, because you’re a cool guy and hung with everyone at events. Get this sorted out so I can like you again. :stethoscope: :heart:

25 Likes

Just tell Hoyt to absorb him @jack.luis
You guys seem to be playing the same game as the Xbox team these days anyways.

2 Likes

grafik

6 Likes

I feel this. Going through exact same scenario here but for shipping within California. I’ll cover my issues when I put together a build thread.

2 Likes

Okay that is a little uncalled for

His products are great. That’s why he is where he is. Obviously this is only half of it. The business side is slacking and has been for a while. I’m sure he’s apprehensive about a business partner because of history with a previous one

1 Like

I should have worded it more like “I’m amazed you’ve gotten this far” as that’s how I see the Boardnamics company.

I agree, most of his products are pretty good and even continue to improve. But I don’t think it makes up for everything else missing. You would be taking a chance when spending your money with him and with what I’ve seen is kinda sus.

Saying that I’ve only bought a few things from him a couple years ago and there’s never been an issue. I won’t be buying more from him until this changes though.

10 Likes

I guess I have to put my order in now for carve :thinking:

3 Likes