Legit DIY Onewheel XR build guide

Had three tracking numbers, and two different pictures of the box, ordered June 15th, mine has shipped and arrives Thurs. I messaged every day since the 15th until they shipped out…

You goes are getting shipping numbers?
Mine is at “everything going don’t worry”

1 Like

They do ship eventually. I had a fake tracking number then a week or 2 later had a proper one and it’s supposed to be delivered Monday.
Shame about the high import fees.

From experience import fee is a gambling.
At least in France, they do not check everything, sometimes it’s free, sometimes it’s not

1 Like

great builds and amazing work everyone! I am currently building my one wheel, but sadly missed the kit by a few days, finding this forum today. I saw on your site that the file for the 3d printed parts was included, but not the printed part. I was wondering if i could have it, (I am not great at designing things) and i would be willing to pay if necessary. Thanks and good luck everyone!

https://mega.nz/file/09NXCQiQ#g4uSLlcTq2Ocr2QCu6OblkoMUg_XMGbtCLRc5tqUM0c

sorry for late reply, worked till morning that night and it works like expected, tried 48@60A continues without any drama. The mosfet squeek for a bit but adding the big capacitor back solved it. the BOM for 100 pcs new balance pro6.6+ has been shipped to pcba factory for smt expecting 6-10days to get finished.

3 Likes

What LEDs were used?

Might be a question in a wind. But do you guys have other sources for the p-hub than AliExpress? They cancelled my order 2 times after the waiting time.

@Enginir I’ve spied a listing of hubs on your site. Do you plan of stocking some?

I think @Fungineers sells same motor

2 Likes

I’ve seen it but us import taxe are steep for my country

2 Likes

Anyone designed a front fender for having crash prevention wheels yet? Might modify a real onewheel one from thingiverse if not, using the right dimensions.

If you’re gonna look into this, theres some room for improvement on the bumper design. I read online that the fangs wheels can rotate when you nosedive because they’re held by just one screw. Maybe we can add some material to prevent that.

I’m going to try modify this sexy fender from thingiverse and print it this weekend.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3674246

5 Likes

i used a 3528 led strip and powered it from the pwm port 5v

1 Like

I’m using 40x18mm luggage wheels and modifying the front bumper to directly bolt the axle in. There isn’t a single screw for it to pivot around.

I haven’t made too much progress on the front bumper beyond modeling the actual wheel. Might work on it this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9ZG825

1 Like

Did you wire both red and white LEDs and also the power switch led to the same pwm port on the balance pro?

where are the models for the 3d printed parts?

Hey I seem to be getting the same problem as others with the footpads. My off state ADC is 1.65 but my on state with my foot fully pressing on it is adc 1.72. And that fluctuates frequently. @Enginir

5 Likes

NuRxG’s video definitely helps explain the theory. Others have noted not having a wide enough range of ADC. There are resistors in parallel as well as in series to each foot sensor. One suggested fix is to remove the parallel resistors and bump up the series resistors to 10k. I haven’t experimented with my foot sensor yet but thinking about removing the parallel resistor and seeing about leaving the existing resistors that are in series and adding standard resistors in series to increase the pull down. This way I can hopefully use standard resistors I have on hand versus sourcing smd resistors.