Legit DIY Onewheel XR build guide

This is my plan for 12s3p. First time building a battery wish me luck :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That looks promising. Let us know how it fits. 12s3p looks like something wnt

Yo this is amazing

this our commitment to “stay true to the BOM”
taking parts straight outta a tp v6.6+ and mount it to our pcb for experiment smt

9 Likes

Improvise, adapt, overcome!

How long you think till it’s out?

lets see how tonights test turn out

1 Like

What are the dimensions on that new PCB?

40x100x10 mm

1 Like

I thought this was designed to go up against the side rails. But looking at the motor wires it will be mounted flat?

The rails on his old kit are 40mm tall so curious if the PCB is 40mm or the case is 40mm. If the PCB is 40mm then the case is larger and therefore won’t fit the old rail kit by sheer size alone.

Maybe the motor wires can be soldered with a vertical orientation? Probably not good practice of straight up soldering this way but not sure if there is an interface that can be soldered between the board and the motor wire (like an angle section).

He could be designing a new rail kit. Would be nicer to have taller rails to fit bigger battery cells (and a 6" diameter wheel and slightly more distance between the rails). He did mention something about an esk8 in his other thread…

I’m thinking of keeping it simple and fitting the entire 12s3p in the back and put the bms in the front.
@Enginir, battery would weigh around 2kg, the stuff in the front would weigh around 500 grams. Is there any concern with having this much weight imbalance?

I don’t think you would even be able to fit a 12s3p in the one side.

Guess ‘tonight’s’ tests didn’t go well?

It’s tight but it fits in a 2 row staggered configuration

There’s like 4 or 5 mm left of room for fish paper and shrink wrap

1 Like

Thought about putting the BMS up front but didn’t want to run the balance leads all the way up there. Make sure they are well protected to prevent releasing the black smoke.

What’s that keycaps set I spy on the right?

another fomo thread. :smiley:

nice one people these look awesome. well done @Enginir

1 Like

I’d be building my kit if Pei ever ships my motor. :frowning: Ordered June 9th and hasn’t moved yet (have my second tracking number :crying_cat_face:).

1 Like

Ordered May 14th. Still nothing. I also have second tracking number. :frowning: