Legendary downhill decks

True. I almost bought this enclosure once :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There might be a custom enclosure coming from someone very skilled…

So if you consider doing a build with any of these boards, please vote. I cannot guarantee the most voted will be chosen but it will influence the decision for sure :slight_smile:

Deck
  • Powell Peralta Byron Essert Mini Frog
  • Outlaw moonshine
  • Loaded Cantellated Tesseract
  • Subsonic Shadow 37

0 voters

3 Likes

I ride one of these.

1 Like

is got a kick tail and everything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Niiiice. Can you use the kicktail with the motors outward?

all were @Psychotiller. The short downhill is the Spirit. almost the same mold but shorter

1 Like

it can fit more but I have a 12s3p 30q inside

1 Like

A little bit. It will get you over a Crack but not curb.

2 Likes

I’m really impressed by this deck…

I was excluding this one because it doesn’t seem available to buy in Europe. But I checked their website and shipping is free if one buys 3 of them :smirk: The price would be about the same as 2 Loaded cantellated tesseract.

3 Likes

I really liked it. I need to fill in all the holes I made one day and skin it.

6 Likes

The only crappy thing is covering the bottom with a battery :frowning:

Do you like the staggered trucks?

All the builds in this thread are great. I was wondering how many people build with kicktails these days since everyone seems to do longboard. Again not hating, just feel like I have no control without them. I respect all the builds build I’m legit confused when I’m stuck between 2 trucks in a dropdown, but I also run super tight trucks so low speed kickturns are my way of life.

2 Likes

Looking good.

I never tried to put a plate on the rear truck because there’s where the rear foot goes. Does it not bother having the bracket there?

If you could give me that tail measurement at some point it would be great.

1 Like

try to kickturn at like 30 and you see the issue. longboards have larger wheelbases and that means more stability and more batteries underneath

Yeah but you don’t need to raise the front wheels at 30 or more :joy:
These are downhill decks, there are great videos on YT of riders going downhill, fast as hell.

The batteries are indeed a challenge though. I hope that with the custom enclosure I’ll be able to put a very decent battery inside… will keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

hopefully sounds cool

i never got though why do they use short wheelbase for downhill decks
wouldn longboard style ones be much quicker? something dropped down low like a demonseed or something

prob a stupid question though as i dont really understand it much

1 Like

most downhill decks dont really have a “kicktail” its more so your rear foot is behind the rear truck, this makes for example sliding easier.

2 Likes

I learned to skate as a kid with small powel peralta and santa cruz decks with a tail and nose kicks. I’m no expert, but I find 38’’ a sweet spot. 40’’ and more start to feel unresponsive and clumsy.

4 Likes

TBH I never stood anywhere but on the nose and the tail where grip tape was. Super long but stable stance I could pivot on using the tail.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s the classic 5 3/4 inches, pretty good tail.

1 Like