Legendary downhill decks

Would like to pick your brains about medium sized boards, usually between 38’’-40’’, on the stiff side and with a single kicktail. Wheelbase preferably around 26’’ (>=65cm).

Here is an example:

Best one I ever tried is the Lush Machine 3D, but already discontinued and hard to get:

Another one that looks really good is the Comet Ethos 40, but also discontinued:

This one seems still to be in production and looks awesome, it’s the Powell Peralta Byron Essert Mini Frog:
https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/decks/73099/powell-peralta-byron-essert-mini-frog-bamboo-longboard-skateboard-deck-w-grip

While a lot of these decks seem to be discontinued, please post here nice ones you know that are still rolling.

Thanks!

6 Likes

meh these full sized decks are extremely ugly when you stretch them to 38+ inch, they belong on shortboards only like the boosted one, for a longboard a more classic curved like this looks way better and is lighter

s-l300

1 Like

Only with a kicktail sorry, those you posted belong in another category.

4 Likes

also why kicktail on 40"??

3 Likes

Here I come with Baguette brands but I rode the blackkross “The Mojo” for a while, a really nice board tho a bit shorter than what you asked : https://www.blackkross.com/boards-bk/17155-mojo-93cm.html

My current “main board” is on the Koad Devalin, which is discontinued (I think i bought the last one ever in stock anywhere), that’s a shame cause it is fcking amazing :

6 Likes

My main board is a 38’’ lush machine 3d and it’s just a bliss so I know by experience what I’m talking about…

If you don’t like these decks please ignore this post, don’t want to make it about discussing the merits of a kicktail or this kind of decks. I know they are not for everyone.

5 Likes

Because it’s weird for kicktail folks to ride without them and standing between trucks. The Overland is 37" and awesome with kicktails but also discontinued.

The skateshred decks are a good option:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Loaded cantellated tesseract

15 Likes

Which one is this? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Like this one a lot.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Super freak. Hard to find… heard they make limited runs periodically though

1 Like

:star_struck: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Same. I have two :joy:

Agree, seems most their decks are out of stock, hopefully they’re working on a run of them.
I was able to snag up the Outlaw’s little brother the Sidekick a while back.

2 Likes

Yeah, saw your rocket build, turned out amazing.

1 Like

Zenit Marble 36 or 38. Nice board.

5 Likes

Thanks man, I’m having a hard time finding ways to improve it without changing what it is significantly lol. Been looking at decks with a longer wheelbase and kicktails though since Id be impressed if 22" wheelbase got anything more than a 12S6P under it. Whats nice is that skateshred gets to 26.75 wheelbase but that might be deleting kicktails a lot.

This one is pretty nice in a 22" wb:

1 Like

That one seems to have a short tail, that makes a big difference.

I can only speak about the lush machine 3d but the tail is absolutely usable at a 25’’ wheelbase. I even have a 12S4P in the front and still sometimes I wheelie just from the acceleration…
The tail in this case is 6.82" or 173mm long.

2 Likes