Legendary downhill decks

most downhill decks dont really have a “kicktail” its more so your rear foot is behind the rear truck, this makes for example sliding easier.

2 Likes

I learned to skate as a kid with small powel peralta and santa cruz decks with a tail and nose kicks. I’m no expert, but I find 38’’ a sweet spot. 40’’ and more start to feel unresponsive and clumsy.

4 Likes

TBH I never stood anywhere but on the nose and the tail where grip tape was. Super long but stable stance I could pivot on using the tail.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s the classic 5 3/4 inches, pretty good tail.

1 Like

+1000 for zenit’s it doesn’t have a kick but I love(d) my v1 Rocket

3 Likes

I think we got ourselves a legenday final:

Final
  • Loaded Cantellated Tesseract
  • Zenit Marble 38 v2

0 voters

1 Like

I just spent six months hunting for this lil badass. Think I got the last one on earth. Was meantioned above.

5 Likes

Beautiful thing.

2 Likes

You don’t really notice the difference in Trucks. I didn’t have a second set of those Boardnamics hangers.

1 Like

I have used Lush Machine for years now BEST DECK EVER!! :slight_smile:

outlaw is pretty much the closest I can find,

the kick is a little smaller

build quality on the outlaw is stunning

3 Likes

not really a down hiller at all, but I love kicktails. Totally different than beating ass.

3 Likes

Amazing photos, thanks.
I’m already regretting not putting the outlaw on the final…

1 Like

Hey man stay outta my local honey hole.

J/k I found my winners there already, but I am looking for a good spare. Is there anything consistently available that you don’t need to have a wishlist for and randomly search all the time? Has corona made this extra shitty, or we are a tiny market?

1 Like

I messaged neversummer and begged for a super freak batch. Anything is possible i suppose.

2 Likes

We are niche AF! hell there’s only like 3-5000 of us globally. I for one like getting things that are unobtainium and making my projects one of a kind. Its half the fun for me.

2 Likes

Yeah my withdrawn post was stumbling on the madrid boards I didn’t notice them posted above. They look awesome but everything out of stock and then they won’t ship the nessie to me anyways. It seems like everyone stopped shipping to canada recently. :mask:

2 Likes

Feel you bro… would like to get my hands on a good deck and custom enclosure which would be available for some time though…

3 Likes

Do we really need an enclosure very specific to a deck? What about something good for 12S6p 21700, 22-24"wb, 9.5" wide double stack with some concave tolerance? Like the Jet Spud 29" Ds but 40t so a bit higher and remove the drop down at the back to make it more square. Not sure if that leaves room for much but it seems doable especially with a 24” wheelbase.

1 Like

On principle I would say these boards deserve first class builds and custom enclosures go along.

That being said I understand your question and I think it depends on the deck.
If it’s just some concave I agree that a good fiber glass generic enclosure can work very well if it has the right measurements. But if it’s a deck like the Lush Machine 3D, for example, you definitely need a custom enclosure:

I must have put a mile height of foam on the front there…

1 Like

Rayne Darkside 34” 36” and 38”.

6 Likes