Lamboardhini | Hummie | 10S1P | 149KV | Boa 100

I had them left over from another project so zero extra cost for battery. That would be the simple answer. They are also very good quality. They will last me forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Epic build OP! Great story and pics

I like the raw enclosure look, turned out well. Same for the cells, almost no one uses those so it’s cool to see someone making use of them.

Love my hummie deck, been riding it for a few years, my motors with boardnamics mounts definitely have significantly less clearance lol and they’re quite beat up

1 Like

Thanks! I do plan to paint the enclosure at some point… but to be honest… its always getting covered in squished snail and dust anyway :laughing:

I regret 100% not using boardnamics mounts from the beginning. Lesson learned! :grin:

2 Likes

:rofl:

yes, so much this

:shushing_face:

I got taken by surprise one day… Rain came from nowhere so I had to take shelter inside a bus stop.
I carefully rode home slowly when the rain had passed, but all water sprayed straight inside the enclosure for 15km straight basically.

First thing I did was opening everything to have it dried out carefully with a heat gun. Everything soaking wet. Nothing took damage though which was really fortunate.
Wheels got that nice clean urine look to them also :ok_hand::

I will be sealing this enclosure with some proper sealant

3 Likes

Butyl rope is magical.

Although if your enclosure is thin, you may not be able to remove it. You have to pry it off, and I don’t know if 3 layers on the edges is enough.

I was in a similar situation this night. Lord Poseidon must have been on our side!

Hit me up if you and @linsus go for a ride, I’d love to tag along!

1 Like

Waterproofing some enclosures is such a pain though, I think I might just try to vacuum seal the electronics and add a drain hole in the enclosures

I will have a look. I was thinking of something semi sticky to put around along the edge and even out with my finger. I cant find good words for what I want here… but it should be easy to remove if I want to

I agree with all this.

And I’ve tried waterproofing the internals and adding a drain hole.

What I suggest the most is running the wires through the enclosure (typically with connectors epoxied through, but you could also run just the wires through) instead of over the lip. And also using butyl rope/tape on the lip. And not putting a battery inside that doesn’t fit in the enclosure, requiring a gasket. Gaskets are evil. If your battery doesn’t fit, then use a smaller battery or make a new enclosure.

1 Like

What cells are these?

What a cliffhanger !!!
Been some time since I enjoyed a build thread this much.

Great, great work. Love the attention to detail.

Get that surgery over with so I can nominate you for something :kissing_heart:

Also give us the batt info, me and Brian are desperate to know!!!

2 Likes

They are NMC cells. Salvaged from a hv battery module.

The deck rework is not a big deal… but might give sensitive people difficulties to sleep at night. :thinking:

I saw it as less work for me repairing the deck than buying a new one and have the whole routing makeover done again. I wouldn’t have done the deck repair if the deck was in any way moving or flexing a lot. It was very stiff.
After the hit I rode the deck home standing majestically on the front truck like a hood ornament (to avoid any more damage)

The deck was forced and (twisted?) into the hardest turn it could possible imagine… causing the enclosure to press against the ground.

Easy fix. Some epoxi and sanding… adding more of that dirty feel to the enclosure which I seem to like

Here is the largest crack. And some pieces broke lose from the base plate seat

Here is another crack in the same direction

My bracket got a bit bent and the bolts slightly crooked. This one I hammered out and replaced the bolts.

I drilled deep (5cm) small holes in the direction of each crack. Then twisted the board (the wrong way) using clamps to get the cracks to widen slightly. Then injected the kind of glue which expands a lot, using a syringe. Forcing in as much glue as possible.

Then tightening down with clamps. The baseplate seat cracks I rework with epoxi.
IMG_01732

My printed charge port holder broke and the wire isolation got torn

I modelled a new improved version.

Now sitting flush

So far the board has run 640km. Last 400km has been after these fixes. It seems to be holding great and I have not seen anything alarming regarding the deck so far. I hope it stays that way :crossed_fingers:

Here is a picture from the other day. Sharing a pineapple pizza in the sun in the company of the Rat board
Sometimes life smiles at you, better enjoy it.

16 Likes

I like your loop key mount it’s very similar to the one in my SR-71 build, a great spot for it imo

3 Likes

Fuck the police

1 Like

So happy your build finally got it’s official publication on the forum, keeping it in a true DIY fashion as always :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I definitely saw this before… very nice build :+1:t2:
Agree it is a very convenient place to have it …just plug and go. I always had it on the side previously and it annoyed me because for some reason I always started looking for it on the wrong side

3 Likes

Fuck yeah dude :call_me_hand: Great build and really enjoyed the level of DIY in your build thread. Keen to see progress on this. If you’re enlarging the cutout or routing dropouts suggest skinning the deck for some more strength. There’s a few cracked decks around without additional strengthening.

2 Likes

ftfy, unless delcare innocent by court

Just when i thought DIY was dead.

Cracking thread dude!

2 Likes