Lamboardhini | Hummie | 10S1P | 149KV | Boa 100

nice build and excellent writeup - I really love that you took a broken Unity and made it work - its so opposite to some build threads where they end up shorting one and buying another :joy:

3 Likes

how big was the Vdrop?

1 Like

Guys it’s really heart warming to see the appreciation for my DIY stuff. Thank you all!. I always enjoy looking through peoples threads where they take a different path :smiley:

I bought a sheet of CF and the idea was to skin after the routing but the deck felt like a rock so I didn’t do it. I might reconsider though. If skinned, I suppose the layer should be put on bottom side for the better effect?

Definitely not :scream: Love all your stuff btw! :raised_hands:

:recycle: The way of life baby!
I just enjoy taking things and give them a purpose again. Man I should have made a repair thread of the broken coffee machine I bought. That was an adventure.

That I didn’t measure. It was 18awg wire (0,021ohm/m)… <30cm at 9A… so perhaps 60mV… ish
so… ~0,5W loss. Would that warm up the wire to body temp?
Is this why you are asking? :grin:

1 Like

nah more concerned about losses during charging,energy that could’ve ended up in the cells :man_shrugging: You’ll be fine towards the end as current creeps closer to 0 tho, the voltage will rise to w/e the output is

2 Likes

Ah I hear you!
I could also tune down the charging current slightly. I use a 9S 7A WATE charger which I DYIified into a 10S 8,5A charger. I bet the losses in the charger are superior when it comes to charging :relaxed:

Thing is I want charge quick to minimise the time I need to keep the board under observation. Now I only need 30min of charging for my 20km morning route.

1 Like

I mean, if the pouches are 25Ah, thats not even 0.5C. Swap to a 12 AWG and u could increase that current alot more if thats your ambition. (Granted I know nothing of those cells, but they’re usually specced higher on current then cylindricals).

I have 12S8P(samsung 48X) since last week in my daily board, have a 3A charger so I’m sure thats gonna take a while xD. I’m at 40% SoC still after a weeks commuting.

I would use glass fiber instead of carbon or aramid or TP fibers.

True! But it’s perfectly fine as it is now :slight_smile: The charger can’t handle more and the BMS has a limit of 15A charging current i think.

That’s a lot of P… you better use thane then… would hurt to dump that energy into heat no? :wink:

Because more flexible and easier to handle… ?

Nice to see another low one, despite all the QC and manufacturing defects that you might encounter, this deck is still the best one I’ve set foot on so far

I have been just ignoring the cracks, but it still going and haven’t broke and throw me off, thought it’s was worryingly flexy when my dad which is a bit heavier than me went to ride it, to the point I’m not letting him ride that board anymore

If by any reason I have it open, which is not frequent and I only do that when I need to use it’s StormCore to test motors, I always put a few drops of superglue in all the cracks as a good measure

1 Like

More flexible, suits a longboard better IMHO but also the other big thing is that it’s transparent to radio. RF on which your life depends.

1 Like

Your build is nice. The only thing i will throw away is the motor mounts. I had bad luck with them. If you are a heavy user or you have torquey motors. They will not stay in place. Even if you tighten the motor mounts super hard. All i have to say…I busted my butt twice.lol Broke my board(day one) and damage my left forearm(day two). Just be careful my dude.

1 Like

Ok that is reassuring to hear​:slightly_smiling_face: …and put your dad on a diet and let him enjoy that beauty :grin:

1 Like

Skin the underside, top won’t do anything. If you go around and not through the cutout it’s pretty tidy and low chance of signal blocking issues (one of mine below)

4 Likes

Ah yea this is what I had in mind

Yep I noticed! But I solved that riddle and mine are not going anywhere anymore. It’s in the first post :relaxed:

2 Likes

I agree with this :+1:

But not this. This is indeed the case for this deck above, and any of the very, very common scenarios when your feet are between the wheels.

But often in my case the wheels are between my feet, which means you should skin the top instead because the deck is flexing upward, not downward :crazy_face:

any specs on those ? where di you get them from ?

2 Likes

well, I went big due to the energy economy of pneus, and I didn’t pay for a single cell so why not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Funny… that’s how I roll also

job perks I guess :smiley:

3 Likes