LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Probably not, I am just using these for testing. I’d probably advise going for something like 140 kV if you go to 20s. Or a motor with quieter bearings designed for the speed.

10 Likes

I have an entire library of dumb videos, my personal favorite is the one i deep fried some R2 motors

13 Likes

Maybe we could do a give away with those hubs… they don’t need lubrification.

1 Like

In my opinion @blasto setup look more gentlemen friendly.

Can’t be stuck if the metal is liquid.

1 Like

they got deep fry in oil… and that not a joke

3 Likes

it’ll be fiiiiiiine

5 Likes

Stormcore II will be oil-cooled and actually make you $B while you skate

True story

Actually can’t we dump braking energy into this? No really

2 Likes
23 Likes

See I thought you would just run the R2 motor at full blast and use that as the heat source for some fries.

4 Likes

Pretty cool stuff, I’m working on some Vesc compatible projects myself and it would be neat to take a glance over the firmware source code, especially all the changes you are doing to the COMM.

Even if it’s still in its early stages, the beauty of open source is that you can harness the power of the community and we can all contribute to it’s growth more efficiently, and achieve compatibility quickly :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m pretty sure @janpom , @rpasichnyk and everyone developing for the vesc would love to take a closer look as well.

I apologies if Github link was already shared somewhere and I missed it :nerd_face:

1 Like

The firmware is now in a dev branch of the main BLDC repository on Vedders github. All commands are identical to standard vesc with the second motor sent commands over an emulated CAN bus.

15 Likes

Do you have an ETA on FW 4.3 for us mate?

3 Likes

It will be 5.0 when it is released. The changes are pretty dramatic so it will be in beta for a time I expect. But I am going to do some more intense testing hopefully this weekend before asking anyone here to give it a go.

12 Likes

What changes?

2 Likes

hey if it blows up you can always repurpose it as a handtruck.

1 Like

To the firmware. A lot of static variables from the code were moved into a motor state and then this motor state is acted upon independently by the same functions to control each motor. Point is just some restructuring of data flow so we will want to do some thorough testing to make sure everything is working as expected.

If you go to vedders bldc git repository you can have a look at the changes yourself in the dev branch.

10 Likes

Just put the first 15 miles in on the dev branch firmware.

Testing with caution, always, but so far so good! I slammed the throttle all out going up and down Mt Tabor a few times. I’ll drop in a metr tomorrow and start logging miles.

Kids: Do not try this at home. Or do, just be careful.

I haven’t tried the app because I gots no iPhone. Cruel world.

15 Likes

exciting times

thanks to all you big brained guys!!!

7 Likes

Awesome! Time to dig in :+1:

2 Likes